Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#4578 by georose
Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:19 am
I installed ooma about 4 days ago. Outgoing calls works fine, no echo, static or other quality issues, however I am not able to receive calls. When I call my ooma line it sounds like it's picked up then hung up. It will only go to voicemail if I push the straight to voicemail button. I sent 3 emails to customer service and received no reply. Today I waited on hold for 30 minutes only to be disconnected. Does anybody have any ideas or should I just shit can this thing?
#4580 by murphy
Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:25 am
Try a different phone connected directly to the phone port of the hub. Do not connect to any wall jacks for this test.
#4588 by murphy
Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:23 am
What is the REN number for the phone? It should be on the label of the phone. If the ring circuit of the phone presents too low of an impedance when the ring starts the ooma thinks the phone has been answered. Then when the ring stops it goes back to high impedance and ooma thinks the call was hung up. Can you turn the ringer on that phone off?