Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#67126 by Events one
Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:03 pm
I just set up my Ooma account and just learned that I can't forward my calls to another number which I have an auto attendant service. I was told by Ooma support that I can't forward calls to another number that is supported by another company. In this case, it is My1Voice. I would not be using My1Voice if Ooma had an auto attendant feature. Can someone please tell me why Ooma has this limitation in place on their system, especially if they don't offer this service? If I can't forward from Ooma, I may not have a choice of cancelling my Ooma service. Any assistance would be helpful.
#67128 by southsound
Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:35 pm
I just looked at My1Voice and was surprised that it was so costly! I love ooma but understand that it is great for most needs but won't fill every one. It has basically been designed as a residential system. I was recently trying to give advice to our church to replace the existing landline. I couldn't recommend ooma because there is no provision for call hunt groups or busy forwarding on ooma.

Have you considered a voip system that includes the features you need from My1Voice but also provides phone service? As I was looking for a provider for our church I discovered that at least one of the voip companies included such things as Digital Receptionist (IVR), Recordings, Calling Queues, Ring Groups, Callback, Failover destination, Call Forwarding and they let you use your own ATA or Asterisk system. Cost could be substantially lower than what you have with My1Voice. I even use an 800 number from one so I can access my Google Voice voicemail while on the road.
#67130 by lbmofo
Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:56 pm
Number forward should work unless there is a double forward in there somewhere. Ooma would not be forwarding a call that is already forwarded.
#67132 by southsound
Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:05 pm
lbmofo wrote:Number forward should work unless there is a double forward in there somewhere. Ooma would not be forwarding a call that is already forwarded.

As I read it, I thought that the OP was wanting to forward the call to My1Voice for handling then back to their Telo so they could take the call. I could be mistaken.
#67135 by DTMF
Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:22 pm
lbmofo wrote:Number forward should work unless there is a double forward in there somewhere. Ooma would not be forwarding a call that is already forwarded.
I'll bet the issue here is that Ooma won't pass-through DTMF on forwarded calls. That would be a deal-breaker for an auto attendant service.

You don't really need a phone service for this. Why not just pay for a DID at a DID provider and point it to the auto attendant service?