Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#67102 by cmeisel
Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:20 pm
It appears I can only access setup.ooma.com via IE.
In all Chroms Browsers and on the iPhone and iPad safari it only displays HTML.
Given that this happens with several browsers it looks like an ooma problem
#67105 by murphy
Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:38 am
The site works fine in Firefox.
#67106 by n8399
Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:39 am
Select Open in new IE tab from setup.ooma.com link right context menu to bypass Chrome rendering flaw
#67119 by cmeisel
Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:37 am
setup.ooma.com is displaying in IE and FireFox but not Chrome or Safari. There is no rendering flaw it Chrome or Safari. Ooma has to simply fix this.
#67122 by n8399
Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:50 am
cmeisel wrote:setup.ooma.com is displaying in IE and FireFox but not Chrome or Safari. There is no rendering flaw it Chrome or Safari. Ooma has to simply fix this.

Web search "browser html rendering problems" shows Firefox, Chrome and other browsers may have web page rendering Issues not limited to Ooma Setup.
Posted simple solution using Chrome extension works for me. http://www.gtricks.com/google-chrome-tricks/ie-tab-for-chrome/
Select Open in new IE tab from setup.ooma.com link right context menu to bypass Chrome rendering flaw
#67145 by cmeisel
Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:26 pm
a chrome IE extension is not useful if you want to use an iphone or ipad to modify your ooma setup page.
The bottom line is that Ooma can code this page in a way that it will 100 display in any browser currently on the market.
That is especially easy to do given that the setup page is a rather simple page.
#67149 by Davesworld
Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:09 pm
Works fine in Konqueror using either the default khtml engine (webkit is derived from this) or webkit running on Linux. Opera on Linux or Win7 and all browsers I have tried that use the gecko engine. I willl note that IE8 renders and misrenders web pages just like any khtml or webkit engine does
#69505 by rolyatag
Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:03 pm
Other than on the Bluetooth page, there is no DOCTYPE, opening html, or opening head tag in the source code of the page - which is probably why Chrome does not render the pages.

Ooma really needs to fix this.