Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#5462 by oomg
Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:17 pm
Just to show that it can work... the ATnT number I had requested be ported to ooma was completed today (about 5 weeks). In the end, everything seems to have gone well.

Incoming service to the landline that was to be ported was disconnected farily early this morning, somewhere between 8:00 and 9:30 a.m. However, I was still able to make outbound calls on the line. Porting was completed around 2:00 p.m. Oddly enough, I was still able to use the landline for outgoing calls. If it continues to function tomorrow, I'll call ATnT to remind them that the porting has been completed.

After porting was completed, I reset my preferences in the lounge, revised by voicemail message, and then rewired the scouts that I intended to use in the system.

In short, everthing appears to be working exactly as it should. Another success story. I should say that reading this forum has been very helpful. So thanks to all who have been helping others who have had some difficulty with their set up.

oomg

Update: 3/27/09: The ability to make outgoing calls on the AT&T number that was ported has ceased. So, I am still guessing that it may have been for the purpose of bridging the porting process... i.e. allowing outgoing calls until such time as the process was completed.

oomg
Last edited by oomg on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
#5463 by t4feb
Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:55 am
I faxed the LOA form 3 weeks ago with a copy of my phone bill just as they ask and it was my understanding that ooma would at least let me know they received it even though I know they did,but never the less I have sent email after email with no response from ooma on this matter. I feel like I'm sitting in limbo not knowing when or if the number will be ported. I noticed it did not take any time for them to take the money out of my bank. I think there service is great but the support needs tuning up or maybe they need more people in support to address these problems. Now for a little humor it does not take this long to get deported.
#5480 by oomg
Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:14 am
I received my purchase on 2/19... connected and liked what I heard... decided to go for Premium on 2/20 and sent my porting request that same day. So, a day short of five weeks for the porting process. Everything relating to the ooma system seems to be working well at this point. Apparently patience does have its rewards.

oomg
#5484 by funone46
Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:35 am
oomg wrote:I received my purchase on 2/19... connected and liked what I heard... decided to go for Premium on 2/20 and sent my porting request that same day. So, a day short of five weeks for the porting process. Everything relating to the ooma system seems to be working well at this point. Apparently patience does have its rewards.

oomg

I signed up to have mine ported as well. It never asked me to send in a copy of my phone bill. Did I miss something?
#5496 by oomg
Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:03 pm
funone46 wrote:I signed up to have mine ported as well. It never asked me to send in a copy of my phone bill. Did I miss something?

Maybe... not quite sure how I was informed that a copy of the bill should sent, but I did send a copy showing my name together with the number to be ported. I think it is needed for verification purposes; i.e. to prevent someone else from grabbing your telephone number.

oomg
#5498 by number9
Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:16 pm
funone46 wrote:
oomg wrote: Apparently patience does have its rewards.

oomg

I signed up to have mine ported as well. It never asked me to send in a copy of my phone bill. Did I miss something?

When I received an email with the LOA form, I was asked then to also include a copy of my phone bill. I believe the phone bill is needed to prove that 'you' are in fact requesting the port and not being hijacked by another telco. So it's for security reasons.
#5499 by murphy
Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:20 pm
funone46 wrote:I signed up to have mine ported as well. It never asked me to send in a copy of my phone bill. Did I miss something?

Did you receive the email with the LOA form attached as a pdf file? The following was in the one that I received.

Please complete the attached LOA and follow the instructions on returning a copy back to ooma. In addition, we are also going to need a copy (by fax or email as a computer scan) of your phone bill showing your name, address and account number.
#5502 by funone46
Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:28 pm
oomg wrote:

Maybe... not quite sure how I was informed that a copy of the bill should sent, but I did send a copy showing my name together with the number to be ported. I think it is needed for verification purposes; i.e. to prevent someone else from grabbing your telephone number.

oomg

I did double check with support and they said it depends on the carrier and apparently mine did not require a bill. I hope this goes well.