Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#4558 by Mojo
Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:32 pm
Updated the link...

Sorry, our KB linking system is very "lame." I'm hoping we can replace it with something more robust in a few months.
#5428 by number9
Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:35 am
I called ooma customer support and said "it's been a while my number has not ported, what's going on" This is the response I was givien. "I'll help you!" And Veronica R. did help me. PLEASE, before you go calling support and calling them names read my experience.
It was not ooma's fault it was AT&T that was holding things up. Ooma did there part, AT&T dropped the ball, big time!! Remember these companies *ATT, Sprint, Verizon* don't want to lose customers.
Oh, and Veronica took charge. How do I know? She made conference calls to ATT with me on the line. I've said it before, she her worked her a$$ for me. After 2 hours of getting no where with ATT she said " I told you I'll help you and I will!" And she did.
I got the confirmation!! My number will finally port on March 30!! Good bye and good riddance AT&FEE!!!

So, please be civil to the support people, always two sides to things. They are still a small company going through some growing pains. In the long run you will benefit.
Thank you ooma!!
#5436 by dlong
Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:52 am
number9 wrote:Oh, and Veronica took charge. How do I know? She made conference calls to ATT with me on the line. I've said it before, she her worked her a$$ for me. After 2 hours of getting no where with ATT she said " I told you I'll help you and I will!" And she did.
I got the confirmation!! My number will finally port on March 30!! Good bye and good riddance AT&FEE!!!

So, please be civil to the support people, always two sides to things. They are still a small company going through some growing pains. In the long run you will benefit.
Thank you ooma!!

AMEN, NUMBER9!! Glad to hear it. Can't wait for my happy ending as well. :-)

And Ooma is trying very hard to make this work out as a reputable customer experience. They are tworking VERY hard to make their custommers happy. Please give them the benefit of the doubt.

I was really skeptical at first, but not now. I'm glad I pulled the trigger on this. Actually, this phone is even more fun then that old lame landline.
#5442 by DW40
Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:38 pm
I'm confused. I read the link about porting. Do we need to go to the lounge and pay on-line the $39 then wait, . . . or when I registered I requested a number port. Now, my friend up the street told me that he tried to call customer service and make the payment or something like the web page wouldn't take his cc, but they told him that they would send him an LOA to sign and fax back, not to pay anything at the moment. That was two weeks ago. Is that correct? I'm not sure when they want the payment? Can you explain in simple steps (or maybe give me Veronica's extension-LOL).
#5444 by dlong
Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:13 pm
DW40 wrote:I'm confused. I read the link about porting. Do we need to go to the lounge and pay on-line the $39 then wait, . . . or when I registered I requested a number port. Now, my friend up the street told me that he tried to call customer service and make the payment or something like the web page wouldn't take his cc, but they told him that they would send him an LOA to sign and fax back, not to pay anything at the moment. That was two weeks ago. Is that correct? I'm not sure when they want the payment? Can you explain in simple steps (or maybe give me Veronica's extension-LOL).

When you activated you, you activated in a way that you intended that you would port your number.

You must go the ooma lounge (Add-ons/Number Port) and order the number port. And yes, you must pay for it with your credit card at that time. Next, you should receive an email from ooma called: "ooma Number Porting Instructions" with instructions on what to do next. The instructions basically say:
"Please complete the attached LOA and follow the instructions on returning a copy back to ooma. In addition, we are also going to need a copy (by fax or email as a computer scan) of your phone bill showing your name, address and account number."

If you do not receive this email, then call ooma. Please be patient and polite, they'll help you from there.
#5445 by DW40
Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:21 pm
Thanks. When to lounge just now and paid. It was very logical, step by step. Have printed the LOA, will now sign and fax.

I think my friend gave me misinformation, ie, the web site wouldn't take his cc. Whatever, that is not the case tonight. So thanks for the info.

Very clear and logical, especially in hindsight. Thanks! My friend's the one told me about Ooma in the first place, so I'll be glad to straighen him out on this issue.