Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#66875 by hteinlin
Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:52 am
Hi I have two numbers on my Ooma account.

Main number is set as : Shared
2nd number is set to: Hub

When my main number rings it will only ring on the scout.
I want it to ring both the hub and the scout, so the shared setting should work in theory but it isn't.
#66880 by murphy
Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:31 pm
Set both numbers to shared.
#66887 by hteinlin
Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:44 pm
That is not desired because my fax machine is set to 2nd number and set to Hub.

If i set 2nd number to shared, the voicemail set up on the scout will pick up fax calls.
I have the hub set differently so my fax machine picks up before the vm.
#66931 by ntoy
Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:12 am
hteinlin wrote:Hi I have two numbers on my Ooma account.

I want it to ring both the hub and the scout, so the shared setting should work in theory but it isn't.

Hello,

In this configuration, you are telling the system that all calls to the 2nd number will only ring the hub & calls to the main number will go to vmail or multiring.

As Murphy mentioned, setting both numbers to shared will allow calls to ring both the hub & scout.
#66932 by hteinlin
Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:39 am
I understand that ntoy.
But that is not what I want it to do.

I want 2nd number to ring Hub only, which it does.
I want main number to ring both HUB+Scout thus I have it SHARED, which it doesn't.

The problem is the main number only rings on the Scout even though I have it set to SHARED.

Is there a limitation to the Ooma system that will not allow this configuration?

The Hub is located in our office. When someone calls the main number all the Hub does is blink one of the numbers but it never rings, but it does ring on the scout.

Reason being is main number = voice line, I want it to ring both the home phones and as well as in our office.
2nd line is our fax line. I do not want it ringing the scout where our home phones are hooked up so my wife does not accidentally pick up a fax call.
#73113 by lbmofo
Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:16 pm

I see 2 options here:

1) Multi-ring your main number to a Google Voice number that rings your Hub number.
2) Set both numbers as Shared but assign a different ring pattern to the fax number so that your Fax can pick up (fax machines that recognize different ring patterns) and less chance of accidental pick up by wife because of different ring pattern.
#73151 by EricJRW
Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:33 am

I have not fully digested this yet, but you may want to take a look at this response to a post of mine regarding a similar situation. Apparently it may have to do with the wrong serial number being on the bottom of the scout.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10552