Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#66707 by EBDeWitt
Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:49 am
I read that if I am away from home that I can call my number and when the message plays press # and them be asked for my pin number.

When I call I press # and it states that I can only pick up my voice mail from my "primary" phone. then it says to hang up and call back from my primary phone number?

Why is it doing this to me?

thanks for any help I can get.
#66818 by EBDeWitt
Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:54 pm
I meant * not #. when I press the * key when the message is playing it come back with the message that you can only pick up your messages from your primary phone. Hang up and call back from your primary phone number.
#67522 by rkitch
Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:15 am
EBDeWitt wrote:I meant * not #. when I press the * key when the message is playing it come back with the message that you can only pick up your messages from your primary phone. Hang up and call back from your primary phone number.

I just bought my Ooma 3 days ago and I am still in the process of porting my landline # to Ooma. I have the landline plugged in to my Telo, and with the Premier trial, Ooma gave me a second phone # as well. When I call my landline # to get my voicemail and press *, it doesn't do anything except let me leave a voicemail. I tried calling my second number that Ooma gave me, pressed *, and it asked for my PIN and I was able to check my voicemails just fine. Perhaps the functionality does not work until phone numbers are ported to Ooma? They should state that prominantly in the porting instructions if that is the case. Can someone confirm my guess?
#67705 by Leeway
Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:59 pm
I confirm your guess. Wait for port to complete and things will change nicely.

Donna