Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#66702 by jsholmes
Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:37 am
For the past few days (presumably since the latest update), my internet continually gets disconnected. There doesn't appear to be any problem with the cable modem (time warner wideband in nyc) or the airport extreme on the other side of the ooma. If I unplug and reboot everything, it works for a few minutes to a few hours, but then the ooma's connection lights start to cycle and the internet doesn't work from any pcs behind the ooma.

I'm going to try removing the ooma and going directly from the airport to the ooma until this is fixed.
#66850 by fstshrk
Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:00 am
I am having the exact same issue. This started after the latest Ooma FW update (last week) and the Ooma box will periodically disconnect from the Net. At any time, rebooting Ooma brings back the service with no changes to my cable modem or anything else.

I have to say, this service is great when it works, but it looks like it is quite flaky. They have to remember that their customers are not beta testers and we depend on their service to work.
#66868 by fstshrk
Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:47 am
Reset OOMA today and 4 hours later it disconnected again. My internet service is fine.
OOMA Support is completely helpless. They see no problems on their end.

I guess I can always port the number out of OOMA back to VZ again.

Such a shame.
#66877 by fstshrk
Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:09 pm
lbmofo wrote:I sure see the apple router creating havoc....check this out? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9399

This would have been relevant if my Ooma was connected to the Airport Extreme, but it is directly connected to my cable modem. The Airport Extreme is connected to the LAN port of the Ooma.

Cable Modem ---> Ooma --> Apple --> My home devices

Thanks for the suggestion.
#66879 by murphy
Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:30 pm
Did you configure the Ooma box to use it's built-in MAC address?
If you didn't, that could explain your problem.
#66893 by fstshrk
Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:14 pm
murphy wrote:Did you configure the Ooma box to use it's built-in MAC address?
If you didn't, that could explain your problem.

Yes, it is set to use built-in.

Maybe I should get another Telo box and swap the hw..
#66896 by lbmofo
Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:17 pm
fstshrk wrote:
lbmofo wrote:I sure see the apple router creating havoc....check this out? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9399

This would have been relevant if my Ooma was connected to the Airport Extreme, but it is directly connected to my cable modem. The Airport Extreme is connected to the LAN port of the Ooma.

Cable Modem ---> Ooma --> Apple --> My home devices

Thanks for the suggestion.

The poster was in your config too. Ooma between modem and router.