Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#66694 by scg
Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:34 am
I just purchased and installed the Ooma app. I get connected, logo turns blue, and can hear touch tones while dialing. However, the screen says it is ringing then connected while no sound comes through on the ipod. I tried calling a number in same room. It rang but when picked up I talked into the mike, again no sounds went through. I am new to the touch and do not know if I would be charged again if I were to delete the app and start all over again with a fresh download. BTW I did try to use the support link in the app but it stated the email address was invalid and would not allow me to send my comments. Anyone else have experience with Ipod 2G (I was told previous owner upgraded OS to 4.1)?
#66753 by southsound
Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:53 pm
lbmofo is correct. I also have a Touch 2g with iOS4.1 and bought a set of PSP-go earbuds with a built-in microphone. Apple also has them but the PSP's were on closeout for $8 and sounded better (to me) than the $20 Apple ones. Also note that on the 2g bluetooth is not enabled for a headset profile so you need the wired connection.
#66767 by scg
Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:11 pm
The mike I am using is on an Apple headset which works fine in Dragon voice recorder app. Shouldn't I be able to hear the ringing thru the internal speakers when headset is not plugged in though?
#66801 by joeed2
Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:58 am
For the wired headset with built in microphone, you need OS version 2.2 or later for iPod touch (2nd generation).

Check for yourself by going into the Settings, General, About. See what version is installed on your iPod. It needs to be 2.2 or later.