Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#66626 by bbgarnett
Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:53 am
Hello I have Uniden DECT 6.0 phones with Caller ID anyways I was wondering if there was anyway to change the Caller ID. Like this morning I had a call come in and it just said on the caller ID Customer Service with a phone number, and so I almost didn't answer it thinking it was just Telemarketer or something. Anyways I did answer it though and it was someone I wanted/needed to talk to, it wasn't a telemarketer. So I was just wondering if there was anyway for me to change what shows up on the caller ID so that It doesn't just say Customer service which is kind of general and change it to something I recognize. I don't know if it has to do with the phones or if I change something with ooma or how I go about doing this if I even can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
#66630 by southsound
Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:02 am
Yes, it can be changed - by the calling party's telecom department. If you are getting a name like Customer Service it is because this is what the caller's company has had entered in the CNAM database.

It may also be possible that if you create a phonebook entry on your Uniden handset that the system will replace what is sent with your phonebook text. I can't find the instructions for my Unidens so I'm not positive.