Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#66546 by Lilly's_Closet
Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:04 am
I just ran across this and thought that this could help someone out. This is promo that brother is running I am not sure how long it will last and this AIO usually sells for around 100.00 bucks.

Now the big question does it work with Oma, don’t know. I have last years model the 845CW and it works well with ooma, however buy it from Amazon and you can easily return it if it doesn’t work for you.

I ordered 2 but more than likely they won’t make it out of the box for a few months because I already have a pile of new stuff (hot deals) that I have not gotten to.

Finally, read the reviews on Amazon, I would have to agree that the same can be said about my model 845CW its a great printer, and fax and copier, but is NOT best suited for photo quality printing. But for 60 bucks you really can’t complain…AIO and wireless, this is a Black Friday Price.

Good Luck to you

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VW ... ss_product

Make sure that you choose Amazon to purchase it from (option is on the right hand side of the page under More Buying Options.

Alternatively you can purchase from Brother directly.

http://www.brothermall.com/%28X%281%29S ... eSupport=1
Last edited by Lilly's_Closet on Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
#66547 by southsound
Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:54 am
For those not familiar with Brother printers, there is one additional feature that is easily overlooked. Many of the Brother models, including this one, use separate ink tanks instead of a combined cartridge. These tanks contain just ink - the head is a heavy-duty one that does not need replacing in normal service. I have an earlier model of this printer, the MFC-465CN. I use it to do color overprints on our recovery materials. I've printed thousands of copies with no mechanical problems - and you can get a 10-pack (2 of each color and 4 black) tanks for less than $15! Try that with an HP! I like my 465CN so well what I bought a second one in case this one ever dies. So far, it just sits in the Raccoons_Closet. :P
#66548 by Lilly's_Closet
Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:08 am
Ah yes the MFC-465CN I had that one too and i loved it, i only sold it when i got the MFC-845CW because i needed a wireless option.

Also just a heads up Brother is pretty good about releasing firmware updates. So you should periodically check their website for updates. I did have one issue but the new firmware resolved it.
#66557 by murphy
Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:25 am
I have had two printers in the past, Sharp and Epson, that used that method. Unfortunately if you don't use them every day the ink starts drying on the walls of the tubes that connect the tanks to the print head, sort of like cholesterol in your arteries.
Once the ink tubes are clogged it's next to impossible to get them open again. I never was able to revive either one of them.
I now use a color laser printer.
#66565 by Lilly's_Closet
Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:02 am
I would have to agree with you Murphy that the tubes can clog; however, Brother handles that by doing interment ant head cleaning. The trade off of course is that it uses that process uses ink but I get my ink cheap online. In addition the process is not perfect.

While a color laser AIO is surely the ideal solution depending on the model, this is a poor man’s/woman’s color AIO w/ FAX that is priced exceptionally well for the feature set especially offering wireless connectivity.

In addition, it’s kind of unfair to compare the inkjet to a laser because the laser will always win with regards to quality.

But if we are to compare lets also look at price. A comparable Laser AIO with Fax and wireless connectively will cost you between $380-$2000 bucks. So I guess it depends on your budget and what’s important to you.