Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#66173 by beachboui
Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:00 pm
Have been a new Ooma subscriber since Aug. 11th, 2010. I have the Telo behind a Linksys WRT54G router. I have had some call quality issues, but nothing I didn't really expect for VoIP. I am currently experiencing two different problems, though, that are pretty significant.

Problem One - Caller 1 is on a Century Link land line in the local area (Eastern NC). A call made to me results in a recording stating that my number is no longer in service. When she tries the call later, it is successful. This has been an intermittent problem for 5 or 6 weeks. For all I know, it could be happening more frequently. I don't know how many callers get the "out of service" message and never call back.

Problem Two - Caller 2 calls me, my phone rings and Caller ID identifies the caller. But, when I answer, there is only silence. After 5 seconds or so, the silence turns to a dial tone. The caller only hears a ring tone and eventually gets my voicemail.

Anyone else experience these issues?
#66774 by jimmyjam358
Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:18 pm
I have been having this problem for months now, all I get from customer service is to create a log of when this is occuring. Although it is hard to get exact times from people when I cannot talk with them until days later when they can get through. Now though my outgoing calls are being affected, I will dial a number it rings and rings for a couple of minutes then I either get a busy signal or it just resets to the ooma dial tone. Not happy at this point with whats going on, they wont escalate the issue or whatever they call it until I get exact times and numbers that are receiving the message. Oh and to make it worse, now instead of people sometimes getting through, the telo just goes straight to voicemail and no one is on it, tried with my cell phone in the house. Good luck getting any help from customer support.
#66784 by southsound
Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:42 pm
jimmyjam358 wrote:I have been having this problem for months now, all I get from customer service is to create a log of when this is occuring. Although it is hard to get exact times from people when I cannot talk with them until days later when they can get through. Now though my outgoing calls are being affected, I will dial a number it rings and rings for a couple of minutes then I either get a busy signal or it just resets to the ooma dial tone. Not happy at this point with whats going on, they wont escalate the issue or whatever they call it until I get exact times and numbers that are receiving the message. Oh and to make it worse, now instead of people sometimes getting through, the telo just goes straight to voicemail and no one is on it, tried with my cell phone in the house. Good luck getting any help from customer support.

I'm tempted to reply but since you are double posting, I guess my reply would be a double post as well. Maybe you could post your gripe about 7 other places as to really make sure we understand you are unhappy. You can read my reply by going to your other post.