Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#69980 by montud
Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:05 am
Yes, it is extremely frustrating. I am a new user to ooma and I didn't realize that faxing was this big of a problem. I am tech savvy and can figure things out but simply not supporting this function is not acceptable. I have told the customer service serveral times that they are not disclosing information correctly and that there should be a banner on their homepage outlining the fact that FAX IS NOT SUPPORTED 100% OF THE TIME so that people who are dependant on it do not sign up for ooma services. Prior to this, I was using Optimum Online and in those 2+ years I have never had any problem with faxing, I am not sure why Ooma is not able to get this done right as well.

Extremely disappointed so far and exploring options for cancelling the service and returning the equipment. I can't even recommend this to my family anymore.
#69992 by ntoy
Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:56 am
montud wrote:Yes, it is extremely frustrating. I am a new user to ooma and I didn't realize that faxing was this big of a problem. I am tech savvy and can figure things out but simply not supporting this function is not acceptable. I have told the customer service serveral times that they are not disclosing information correctly and that there should be a banner on their homepage outlining the fact that FAX IS NOT SUPPORTED 100% OF THE TIME so that people who are dependant on it do not sign up for ooma services. Prior to this, I was using Optimum Online and in those 2+ years I have never had any problem with faxing, I am not sure why Ooma is not able to get this done right as well.

Extremely disappointed so far and exploring options for cancelling the service and returning the equipment. I can't even recommend this to my family anymore.

Hello,

I apologize if there was any miscommunication. I acknowledge your concerns as well as the complaints we have received on faxing. As you have read, we ran into an issue on the server side & engineering had been working aggressively in resolving this issue. As of last night, I can say that the fix engineering has implemented appears to be stable.

Please try giving fax another try.

Thanks!
#70159 by RedStripe
Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:58 pm
ntoy wrote:
RedStripe wrote:Faxing from my Ooma Hub hasn't worked at all today and yesterday. Any help for me?

Have you tried faxing recently?

Yes, it did not work at all for me last week. Have you put me on that special server yet?
#70231 by miamitp
Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:37 pm
Hey ReStripe, I found the Answer. Someone somewhere posted that they had installed a dsl filter from their hub to the fax. I remembered that I had one, installed it and faxed immediately a high quality transmission. I guess Ooma support would rather not resolve our problems. Miamitp
#70232 by miamitp
Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:44 pm
I just added a dsl filter from my hub to my fax and surprize , no more faxing problems. Try the "Excelcius Z-Blocker". dual DSL filter model Z-D250P2J. miamitp
#70233 by miamitp
Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:48 pm
As Posted I resolved my faxing problem with a DSL filter . I still prefix my phone number dialed with *99 precautionary. If this works for you please reply to the at least one other of the unfortunates that are also not getting the support they deserve. miamitp
#70242 by EricJRW
Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:49 pm
What does *99 do?
#70244 by Bobby B
Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:00 pm
*99 turns off voice compression and echo cancellation. It also modifies how the Telo handles buffering of the packets. *99 should always be used with Fax or data (ex: DirecTV) calls.

EricJRW wrote:What does *99 do?
#70263 by EricJRW
Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:48 am
Bobby B wrote:*99 turns off voice compression and echo cancellation. It also modifies how the Telo handles buffering of the packets. *99 should always be used with Fax or data (ex: DirecTV) calls.

EricJRW wrote:What does *99 do?

Thank you.