Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#66133 by akajustm
Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:29 pm
It appears that on October 2, the privacy feature (blocking my outgoing caller ID) stopped working. My number shows up even though the radio button to block display of my outgoing caller ID is selected. I have unselected and reselected and it changes nothing. I am able to call numbers that reject anonymous calls so I know it's not working. Even if I dial *67 before the number, my info is NOT blocked. I have 2 Ooma's and this is happening on both of them, our outgoing caller ID block DOES NOT WORK.
Any ideas?
#66137 by southsound
Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:52 pm
I guess that explains why my probation officer was able to find me at home today. (Just joking, of course.)

1. Do you have the Telo or the hub? (Sorry, just checked - you have two hubs).
2. Check the status page of setup.ooma.com and see what version you are running. Maybe others with your software can chime in on their experiences.
#66145 by murphy
Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:14 am
Are you connecting a computer to the Home port of each hub to access it's setup web page?
Are you using OpenDNS or any of it's competitors?
#66172 by akajustm
Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:58 am
@ Murphy, nope.
So I connected to the home port and one here's the software info
Rev: 39884.39884 for both units.

From the looks of things (call logs) this happened within the few days, before that it was working fine.
To add further detail and confusion, it now appears that landlines do not see my number or name, cell phones and other oomas get my number but no name. If I manually block my number (*67) landlines still see nothing, cell phones see my name and number and oomas get my number.
So no matter how you look at the situation, unless I'm calling a landline the feature is not working correctly.