Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#66031 by allo
Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:25 pm
KX-TG933x is the worst Panasonic set one can buy.... most units do not hold a charge for more than a few minutes of talking time... and most will be depleted within a few hours if not left on the charger!

The KX-TG654x and KX-TG743x are usually OK (hold the charge!)

PS. I used the last digit as "x" which is is a number from 1 to 5 to indicate how many phones in the set!

This reviewer summarize this "junk" set for so many other reviewers :

"Just like so many reviewers after 3 months the phones started with blipping out when incoming call is received. This continuously got worse till it was all the time. The phone rings half a ring then blips, goes blank, then says "finding base". They CANNOT be answered. It is sooooooooo frustrating.
I actually dealt with it for a year before getting a new phone because I had one different phone model in the house that still worked and these had cost so much I wasn't about to just up and buy a new phone. I do love that these would tell who is calling with a voice. But that does NO GOOD when you cannot answer their call!
... This Panasonic piece of .... Told me who was calling but bleeped out like always. I had to use my old phone to answer like always. ...for me after this Panasonic FAIL of a phone. I can't believe it took me a year to replace these. Talking phones are cool but not if you can't actually use them to get an incoming call.
I almost forgot to add. They also blip out when on hold. Waiting for someone to pick up and then they just disconnect saying cannot find base. What a hunk of junk.
#66033 by pinan
Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:55 pm
I bought this set after reading a few bad reviews about it. One poster stated replacing the cheap batteries that came with it with Eneloops or similar fixed everything. I agree. I haven't had a single problem in 2 months of ownership. I already had some batteries. Not the best quality sound from the earpiece, but I use a headset anyway.
#66035 by dschmidt_2000
Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:03 pm
I've had this exact set for over a year. Wonderful battery life. Daughter talks on it with the speakerphone feature of the handset for like an hour with no issues. Love the night mode too - you can specify when to have the handsets not ring at night on a per handset basis.

My only gripe is the answering machine speaker in the base isn't that clear. I have to sometimes play a message back a couple of times to understand what the person is saying. Retrieving it from the handset isn't a problem though so it isn't the quality of the recording, just the speaker in the base.
#66038 by allo
Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:00 pm
pinan wrote:I bought this set after reading a few bad reviews about it. One poster stated replacing the cheap batteries that came with it with Eneloops or similar fixed everything. I agree. I haven't had a single problem in 2 months of ownership. I already had some batteries. Not the best quality sound from the earpiece, but I use a headset anyway.

I don't think the battery is the problem; because I have 2 sets the 9333 and the 7533 and they both use the same batteries.
With the 9333 i have one handset which blips and goes dead almost the minute I pick it up; and another handset which can work for a few hours without problems.(replacing batteries did not change anything!)- I am only using 2 of the 3 handsets.
The 7533 works OK all the time for a year now (I bought the 9333 about a month before it... I should have returned it!)

Panasonic is playing games with their numbering system: the higher the number does not mean a better product like 9333 vs 7533 or 6543 ... they try to confuse unsuspecting customers into buying that piece of crap!
If one googles KX-TG9333T one will find more angry customers than happy ones!
#66048 by pinan
Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:26 am
allo: That's a shame. I didn't even try using the stock batteries to check, I just put new ones in. I truly haven't had a single issue though. Guess some of us got lucky. My father bought the same ones and is using the stock batteries with no problem for about a month. Maybe Panasonic changed something since you bought yours?

Yeah. I read many bad reviews, then the one about changing the batteries. Seemed worth a shot. After all, I got the phone for $23 after coupon and rebate at Staples.
#66054 by allo
Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:08 am
pinan wrote:allo: That's a shame. I didn't even try using the stock batteries to check, I just put new ones in. I truly haven't had a single issue though. Guess some of us got lucky. My father bought the same ones and is using the stock batteries with no problem for about a month. Maybe Panasonic changed something since you bought yours?

Yeah. I read many bad reviews, then the one about changing the batteries. Seemed worth a shot. After all, I got the phone for $23 after coupon and rebate at Staples.

Now I remember why I didn't return that piece of junk (mine not yours)!
I also bought it at Staples - it was on sale (July 2009) for $59 and a rebate of $20 = $39 ( Found the rebate at Staples (Easy R))
#66055 by pinan
Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:12 am
If you had returned it after receiving the rebate, you would have gotten back what you paid, minus the rebate. I've chosen to do this once our twice over the years. No problem.