Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#65849 by suttung
Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:16 pm
Has anyone tried using a credit card machine with their Ooma? If so- what was your experience?

I have a Hypercom t7Plus... I was thinking about going all Ooma for the home office, but if I can't use my credit card machine, I'll be locked into having to keep 1 line...

Thanks!
#65883 by circlef
Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:15 pm
Hi,

When we went ALL OOMA, we upgraded our terminal to an ethernet model. Works great and fast.

Alan
#65927 by daet
Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:03 pm
suttung wrote:Has anyone tried using a credit card machine with their Ooma? If so- what was your experience?

I have a Hypercom t7Plus... I was thinking about going all Ooma for the home office, but if I can't use my credit card machine, I'll be locked into having to keep 1 line...

Thanks!

Search the forums, there are several posts describing the successful use of CC terminals over Ooma. To summarize:
  • Connect the CC machine to the Hub (not Scout) - this doesn't apply if you're using a Telo.
  • Configure the CC machine to use a baud rate of 9600 (or lower - apparently 2400 bps also works, but higher rates are unlike to).
  • Configure the CC machine to dial "*99PP" before dialing the number, where P = pause.
Hope this helps.
#67687 by phoenixphury
Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:15 pm
Hi all,

I have the exact same model as the person asking the question, Hypercom T7plus. I spoke to the merchant to see if they could help set it up with me. Unfortunately, there is no ' * ' button that can be used before the 99. I was unable to alter the baud rate either.

I'm really trying to avoid getting another line and if I have to get another CC machine with an ethernet port, I will. For those who are using it successfully, can anyone help and recommend what models work?

Thanks so much.
#67711 by murphy
Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:54 am
phoenixphury wrote:Hi all,

I have the exact same model as the person asking the question, Hypercom T7plus. I spoke to the merchant to see if they could help set it up with me. Unfortunately, there is no ' * ' button that can be used before the 99. I was unable to alter the baud rate either.

I'm really trying to avoid getting another line and if I have to get another CC machine with an ethernet port, I will. For those who are using it successfully, can anyone help and recommend what models work?

Thanks so much.

http://www.hypercom.com/library/Counter ... GuideD.pdf
What do you call the button below the 1 and to the left of zero?
It operates at 2400 baud unless you bought the optional 56K version. There is no need to modify the baud rate.
It also has an optional ethernet feature.

http://www.hypercom.com/products/t7plus.asp