Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#65685 by roadshow
Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:08 pm
DITTO
I know that the Hub is no longer OOMA'a main product, but when it does get updated (like it did a few weeks ago), we should know what changed. Can a moderator please inform us on what has changed in this new firmware release?
Last edited by roadshow on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#65691 by ntoy
Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:36 pm
Hello,

I apologize we haven't gotten around to updating the release notes for firmware updates on Hubs.
As you mentioned, our Hub is no longer being manufactured. The updates are fairly minor and nothing would affect the core settings. If any, they would only be fixes to fix backend compatibility issues.
#65693 by roadshow
Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:13 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello,

I apologize we haven't gotten around to updating the release notes for firmware updates on Hubs.
As you mentioned, our Hub is no longer being manufactured. The updates are fairly minor and nothing would affect the core settings. If any, they would only be fixes to fix backend compatibility issues.

Thanks for responding ntoy. Can you be more specific on the "backend compatibility issues"
What was changed? Although OOMA Telo is the latest hardware, I just bought a "brand new" Hub & Scout at Radio Shack only 2 months ago. I would like more details on the update.
#65695 by dschmidt_2000
Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:46 pm

Thanks but still please do issue release notes . It may be small but if problems arise it would be good to know what changed.

And though the hub is no longer manufactured, it's still 100% supported right?

When can we expect to see release notes for the hub FW update?

(wondering if my problem in the "other support" section of the forums is due to this 'backend compatibility issues' update.)
#65916 by dschmidt_2000
Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:45 am

Release notes for Hub version 39884:

Fix problem if dns does not return correct response, hub will use dns servers from Ooma.com [9145]

Thanks Norman! Could you put a copy of this over in the 'Ooma Status & Updates' section so others can find it easily?

Dave