Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#65595 by cmeisel
Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:06 pm
I continue to be shocked at the ignorance Ooma shows towards good customer service.
Communication with customers is very important for a good product and if you don't have one you need to update it...fast.
The iphone app was a nice 1.0 version. Most important features were missing (including real iOS4 support) but since it was a 1.0 app it was understandable.
But that you charge 9.99 for an app and then don't update it in months is not acceptable for any company. Most 99 cent apps that I have do a better job to keep their apps updated, introduce new features etc.
Ooma has always done a terrible job (in my opinion) of communicating to users. There is no update for the telo for a long time, then suddenly a lot of them and then the usual silence.
There is no real need for such an inefficient, long release cycle.

Ooma folks on the forum communicate but I don't see enough beta testing, enough asking for input from people and for the iphone app not enough updates. I have apps that were installed on the same day as Ooma that have already gotten 7+ updates and it is not that those apps were 1.0 products. Their creators just seem to care more about their customers.
#65610 by lbmofo
Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:58 pm
You have some valid concerns and some good points.

I think you brought up some great suggestions for the app: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8561

I think the guys at Ooma took notice and hopefully queued them up for their next release of the app.

However, I'd give these guys a break and not use such harsh words....they are busy working on the next Telo firware update which is in beta right now. Lots of activities in the beta forum. Highlight: HD high bandwidth codec and CWCID fix.

Can't blame these guys for concentrating limited resources on their bread and butter.
#65628 by roadshow
Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:09 am
lbmofo wrote:which is in beta right now. Lots of activities in the beta forum. Highlight: HD high bandwidth codec and CWCID fix.

Can't blame these guys for concentrating limited resources on their bread and butter.

Where is the beta forum?
#65643 by cmeisel
Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:52 am
I manage a development team myself so I am very sympathetic when it comes to suffering from low resources and overworked teams.
However, maintenance of the iPhone app doesn't take much. Take 1-2 Resources and work on it. You charge almost $10 for it so you need to update it regulary to ensure a good customer experience.
I like Ooma and I am sure they work had but many times they just don't seem to listen to what customers want and eventually this will cost them.
They also don't give customers the options they could. It is the simple things that I see friends and famy get upset over. Make more features configurable. It is great that on international calls you are reminded how much money you have left but if you call certain countries daily it is such a pain. Allow people to decide on their own if they want to hear it or not. Just one example of not listening and implementing without thinking of different customers. Developers and PM never know best. Sometimes we do think so but overall users always end up using something different than we thought.

Thanks