Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#65240 by hikersailer
Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:26 pm
My OOMA topology is as follows:

InternetRouterSwitchModem
Internet - Ethernet Cable
OOMA Telo
Home Network - Ethernet Cable
Netgear Gigabit Switch
Ethernet Cable
PC with FTP software (Dreamweaver CS3)

In the above configuration, I get an FTP error reported by Dreamweaver when I try to upload a file.
The FTP error goes away and the file upload works just fine in the following reconfigured topology, which bypasses the OOMA Telo:

Ethernet Cable
PC with FTP software (Dreamweaver CS3)

Conclusion: The OOMA Telo must be blocking the FTP protocol ??
Can OOMA support confirm that is the case, please?
Has anyone else experienced the same issue?
Is there a new firmware release that fixes this issue?
I want to have all my PCs behind the OOMA Telo, so the Telo can manage QoS.
#65241 by tommies
Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:48 pm
If you want to put the Telo in front to manage QoS--your current setup--you need to add a port forwarding rule in the Advanced Setting page of the ooma Setup page:

forward port 20/21 to the ip of your router WAN port, if your router connect directly to the Telo HOME port. Also, another rule in your router to forward port 20/21 to the ip of the ftp server. You may have the latter on in place.

If there is no router in between the telo HOME port and the ftp server, the forwarding rule in the telo should forward two ports 20/21 to the ip of the ftp server.
#65242 by hikersailer
Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:07 pm
Thanks, tommies. Clarification on my configuration: My PC has FTP Client software (Dreamweaver CS3), not FTP Server software. Would that make a difference in your answer about port forwarding??

My OOMA topology that gives me an FTP error message when I attempt to upload web pages is as follows:

Internet - Ethernet Cable
OOMA Telo
Home Network - Ethernet Cable
Netgear Gigabit Switch
Ethernet Cable
PC with FTP CLIENT software (Dreamweaver CS3 used to upload web pages (via FTP protocol))
#65244 by tommies
Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:45 pm
Do you change the Telo setup to use it Build-in MAC address. By default, it use automatic, and this means your pc's MAC may be cloned by the Telo.

Change Telo to use build-in MAC. It can be done in the Network page of ooma Setup. Don't forget to click update aferward, and power cycle the Telo and reboot your pc. If you know how to use ipconfig then the pc reboot is not necessity.

Hope this will solve your issue now. If not, keep posting, and someone will help.