Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#64863 by jrod9707
Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:59 pm
My call waiting ID is not working with my panasonic phones any more it just beeps. BUT my crappy Ooma phone will show the incoming caller. Any idea on why this is suddenly occurring?
#66270 by bickyb
Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:57 am
I am having this same problem and have a panasonic phone set. I have had about 5 friends who I have personally told not to move to Ooma until they get this problem resolved as they also have Panasonic phones. Can we please get an update of when this is going to be resolved?
#66273 by ntoy
Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:05 am
Hello,

Still an open bug in our system. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I do not have an eta.
Maybe late October?
#66274 by bickyb
Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:17 am
This is a major problem for me. I would not have left Vonage if I knew it was going to take this long to resolve this issue.
#66359 by alanrf
Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:44 am
This is apparently a very mobile date that moves out further every time it is mentioned. I have been an Ooma customer for less than two months and this long outstanding and very basic issue with the Telo has now been promised for "September" then "early October" and now "maybe late October". In a week or two I am beginning to expect "first quarter 2011".

How about some reality and dates that we customers can have some faith in being met by the Ooma development team. Frankly, Ooma is not coming across as a very professional provider.
#66423 by dvdutah
Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:36 pm
I have both vonage and ooma. I kept vonage because i was a bit unsure of what to expect with ooma. After 120 minutes reading the postings here .... an old addage comes to mind "You get what you PAY for"

After spending $249 on the ooma, and reflecting back to the original purchase price of my vonage device in 2003, which was $79.99.....I definately did not get what i wanted. Ooma seems to be fraught with issues that never seem to be "fixed"....

After some reflection, I beleive that the major reason for such sub-par customer service, Rampant apathy, and lack of true resolution to issues such as no call-waiting-id, Is the faulty business model that ooma is based on. Let's face it people. Ooma is losing money by trying to offer "free calls" - and as such they do not have the capital (money) to fix the problems or pay their employees to care.

If you stop to think about it, the Ooma model is the reverse of what the cell companies do. Cell carriers make money by providing service, Giving the phones away. Ooma only makes a small bit of money for each HARDWARE device they sell. But they LOSE MONEY on providing the actual SERVICE - When push comes to shove, after paying operating costs...The service is sub-par and fraught with problems because there is no money left to properly train employees, or fix the multitude of issues that seem to swirl around here.

I would rather pay $24.99 or so to vonage, and have all my features work and actually have the capability of having 2 distinctly seperate lines, and not have to take a foreign language class to understand the CSR(s) when i call for help.

I do not beleive i am alone in my regret - Worst $250 ever spent. Seen how many people are dumping ooma devices on Ebay??

I now know what should have been obvious all along - FREE is a great way to sell something....But NOT a recipe for business success or happy customers. Glad i kept the vonage device. $79.99 for over 7 years trouble free reliable service. Think I'll use the telo for target practice :-)
#66425 by murphy
Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:11 am
Hmm.
Vonage Adapter....$79.99
7 years service....2772.00 (24.99 + taxes and fees times 84 months)
Total...............2851.99

Ooma is not going to cost anywhere near that amount of money.
I dumped Vonage almost 2 years ago and now have no phone bill at all.
#66433 by lbmofo
Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:57 am
murphy wrote:Hmm.
Vonage Adapter....$79.99
7 years service....2772.00 (24.99 + taxes and fees times 84 months)
Total...............2851.99

Ooma is not going to cost anywhere near that amount of money.
I dumped Vonage almost 2 years ago and now have no phone bill at all.

Totally agree with murphy here.

dvdutah wrote:Ooma seems to be fraught with issues that never seem to be "fixed"....

FYI, this Call Waiting Callerid issue is fixed: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9566

dvdutah wrote:The service is sub-par and fraught with problems

Who says? I get excellent service from Ooma with all features working beautifully; been that way ever since I joined.

dvdutah wrote:I would rather pay $24.99 or so to vonage, and have all my features work and actually have the capability of having 2 distinctly seperate lines, and not have to take a foreign language class to understand the CSR(s) when i call for help.

Other than what murphy pointed out.....brutally high cost of Vonage, here is another way you can look at it: If you don't call internationally, why would you want to subsidize other people's international calling and Vonage's exorbitant advertising expenditure by paying $33+ a month when you can get free home phone service from Ooma? Even if you need heavy international usage, why would you pay $33+ a month (or $28 with iTalkBB) when you can just spend $11.79 a month with Ooma?

dvdutah wrote:Worst $250 ever spent

Since you seem so happy about shelling out $3,000 to Vonage over the years, I can see why a measly $250 would be dull and unstimulating to you. :?
#66449 by bickyb
Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:44 am
I just tested things out and it looks as though Caller ID Call Waiting is now working on my Panasonic handsets!!!!
Thanks Ooma!
#66458 by alanrf
Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:16 pm
CWCID is now working for me with the new update for the Telo.

My thanks for for the update and resolution to the problem.