Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#64717 by tccedar
Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:33 am
I'd like to find out when my Comcast landline number will port over to Ooma. The order was received Aug 24, with an estimated completion date of Sept 8th. But nothing has happened. My Comcast bill was paid in full and the next one isn't due til Sept 28 - which I hope is my last! What's the hold up? Here's what the porting status page says about my status:

Order received Received order on Aug 24, 2010
Information verified Your porting info was verified on Aug 24, 2010
Port initiated Number port is estimated to complete on Sep 08, 2010
Port scheduled for completion BLANK!
Port completed BLANK!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
#65339 by tccedar
Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:42 am
Now one day past the 2nd scheduled date for porting.
Still.....waiting.....phoned customer support...they don't know when porting will happen....so I ....wait....
#65451 by tccedar
Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:53 pm
Today is one full month. Still nothing. Got a "trouble ticket" from Ooma. The phone support person was very nice, but couldn't tell me what "Action Required" meant on my port status page. "What action is required?" I asked. She went to talk with someone else, came back and said, "It should go through soon." That's it. I asked if I should call Comcast and rattle their chains a bit. She said no. That was 2 days ago. I'm ....still waiting.
#65583 by nn5i
Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:31 am
Only a week overdue? From what I've seen in these forums, you haven't even begun to suffer.
#65956 by tccedar
Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:09 pm
Okay, so today is supposed to be the Big Day! I signed up for Ooma and number porting on August 24th and here we are on October 1. I'm so ready! My porting is scheduled to complete today!
Now, will it? Stay tuned....