Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#4864 by bmice
Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:30 pm
trim81 wrote:The title was a bit uncalled for...

"ooma customer service worthless" ??

In the end, you got what you wanted, but I suggest a friendlier title would have been more appropiate

we woulnt have needed to upset folks like yourself(i changed title taking your advice) had we gotten some help. we were yanked around. in this case the customer service was worthless until this post. i will add that it was very quick too!
#4865 by bmice
Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:35 pm
bobcarrier wrote:Hmm. Interesting you are a reseller. You may get their attention with proper typing ie caps when appropriate and proper spelling.
Cheers

it is a forum.....was there anything you couldnt understand? other forums have a spell check....sorry i get in a hurry....i am busy!

cheers back at ya!
#4866 by hwgang
Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:39 pm
bmice wrote:just not until this post did our problem get solved.

This isn't a double-blind study and since others have have such a markedly different experience, who's to say that your post had diddly to do with the solution?
Perhaps if you'd been patient, kind and articulate you STILL would have had a solution.

And the rest of us would have been spared
#4867 by bmice
Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:02 pm
southsound wrote:
hwgang wrote:
A rant with an offense subject line and glaring spelling errors can be difficult to take seriously as professional correspondence. If you are a reseller with ooma, then your relationship IS (or should be) professional.

Your presentation was not professional. Your respect has not been earned. You have not put forth a good image.

AMEN!

bmice,
Courtesy and understanding go a long way in our less than perfect world. Maybe ooma would be better off having someone else resell their product than someone who is so against their success that he would sabotage their efforts with negative press.

plenty of courtesy and understanding were all part of the equation.

i do fine selling the product and supporting it properly. ooma has never been sabotaged by us. all of my posts include only a small portion of the negative facts.

people need to know that patience may not be enough to get thru this.

folks like yourself have made way to much of this...get over it
#4868 by bmice
Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:14 pm
hwgang wrote:

This isn't a double-blind study and since others have have such a markedly different experience, who's to say that your post had diddly to do with the solution?
Perhaps if you'd been patient, kind and articulate you STILL would have had a solution.

other people have had the exact problem...enough about that!

YOU MISSED THE POINT A LONG TIME AGO!

how much longer should we have been patient. there is plenty of negativity in this post and it isnt directed towards ooma.

people like you only cause more of the negative facts to be disclosed. we have been discrete about what has come to light in this matter. so just imagine how negative we could have been.

you will never know just how many people we have helped.

lol
#4870 by bmice
Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:35 pm
hwgang wrote:

urbanamom wrote:Hi

I have tried for three days to get in touch with customer service. I have sent three emails and I am currently on hold waiting for someone to pick up. I have an issue on porting. When I sent in the paperwork, I transposed the ooma number. How will ooma be able to tell what ooma account to port the number for?

Also, I am still waiting on a status of porting to me email address.

maybe you can spare this person?

you seem to think i am the only one? i am sure i can find at least a couple hundred others!
people do make mistakes...and when they do...it is nice to at least get an email back! not a lot to ask.

i hope they get treated better than my wife did.
#4883 by southsound
Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:21 pm
<<edited to remove harsh comment and clean up spelling ;) >>

We can't vote bmice off the island because this is his thread! And living on an island myself, I think we should embrace him for getting us all agitated and singing the ooma anthem.
Last edited by southsound on Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
#4886 by thively
Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:33 pm
How do I know my port is even being processed?
I emailed the completed form and bill PDF and got the automated response that it was received. I just assume I'll hear that it's done in about a month?

For the interim, I set up call forwarding from my AT&T line to forward to the Ooma temporary number. I figure that way when the port completes it will be a seamless transition.