porting problems? look here! (revised for the weak stomach)

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Boodles
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:07 am

Re: porting problems? look here! (revised for the weak stomach)

Post by Boodles » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:57 am

Like the others said.... the title got some attention! My phone call for support was answered in under 5 mins (guess I was lucky). Still I have to say I'm happy that I don't have to be billed every month like Vonage - after quiting their service, they billed my cc every month for three months until I got Discover Card to cancel that cc number and give me a new one. Vonage definitely deserves the the old subject heading. The worst in the industry!

Boondocs
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: Pocono's PA

Re: porting problems? look here! (revised for the weak stomach)

Post by Boondocs » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:16 am

Called yesterday and was told that they are hiring more people within the next week or so. I think we are all going to see some vast improvements with ooma's customer support. I think they realize that this is one of the biggest complaints from people and they need to correct it.
Telo - primary phone since Feb 2009
Core - gave to sister April 2010
Lifetime Premier Member

User avatar
number9
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: Northern Indiana

Re: porting problems? look here! (revised for the weak stomach)

Post by number9 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:26 am

I was on the phone with Veronica, from ooma today and she worked hard for me. AT&T presented obstacles and Veronica plowed through them with professionalism and tact. You could learn from her!
It has nothing to do with a weak stomach. It has every thing to do with respect! I found out today what type's of hoops support people have to jump through.
I would not want their job!!
Plays PRS guitars

dlong
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:52 pm
Location: Sometime a while back, a caveman used it

Re: porting problems? look here! (revised for the weak stomach)

Post by dlong » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:44 am

I hope so for the sake of us all (and ooma).

After 10 days, I finally got through to someone last night. According to the rep, my LOA paperwork was sitting around for 10 days and the port process wasn't even started. It tturns out that copy and paste is not a good enough to send the LOA and phone bill. But this wasn't stated in any instructions, was it? Now I'm hoping it is started. But, it was off to a nasty beginning for me.

I hope things come together with ooma. They have a good product and a good concept. Nonetheless, the product provides a service as well, and customer support will determine whether it succeeds.

bmice
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:01 am

Re: porting problems? look here! (revised for the weak stomach)

Post by bmice » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:02 am

number9 wrote:I was on the phone with Veronica, from ooma today and she worked hard for me. AT&T presented obstacles and Veronica plowed through them with professionalism and tact. You could learn from her!
It has nothing to do with a weak stomach. It has every thing to do with respect! I found out today what type's of hoops support people have to jump through.
I would not want their job!!

respect is earned not given!
we know all about jumping thru hoops as we do it every day for our customers.
all part of creating a good image.

bobcarrier
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:57 pm

Re: porting problems? look here! (revised for the weak stomach)

Post by bobcarrier » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:07 pm

Hmm. Interesting you are a reseller. You may get their attention with proper typing ie caps when appropriate and proper spelling.
Cheers

User avatar
hwgang
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:02 pm
Location: MA

Re: porting problems? look here! (revised for the weak stomach)

Post by hwgang » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:44 am

bmice wrote:
respect is earned not given!
we know all about jumping thru hoops as we do it every day for our customers.
all part of creating a good image.
A rant with an offense subject line and glaring spelling errors can be difficult to take seriously as professional correspondence. If you are a reseller with ooma, then your relationship IS (or should be) professional.

Your presentation was not professional. Your respect has not been earned. You have not put forth a good image.

Even with the best of intentions and practices, mistakes happen. They are far more likely to be attended to if everyone stays courteous and states the problems articulately. You can speak strongly and be emphatic without being rude.

I would urge you to rethink your approach.

User avatar
southsound
Posts: 3519
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:31 am
Location: Harstine Island, WA

Re: porting problems? look here! (revised for the weak stomach)

Post by southsound » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:43 pm

hwgang wrote:
A rant with an offense subject line and glaring spelling errors can be difficult to take seriously as professional correspondence. If you are a reseller with ooma, then your relationship IS (or should be) professional.

Your presentation was not professional. Your respect has not been earned. You have not put forth a good image.
AMEN!

bmice,
Courtesy and understanding go a long way in our less than perfect world. Maybe ooma would be better off having someone else resell their product than someone who is so against their success that he would sabotage their efforts with negative press.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

bmice
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:01 am

Re: ooma cust service worthless-have no idea of porting process

Post by bmice » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:24 pm

rbuck wrote:Support is expensive. Ooma is free. I just expect support stuff to take longer than a paid service and patiently hold when I have a problem. When I do get someone, usually about 30 mins of hold time, they always have helped me with my issue.
tell that to my wife who has spent hours of her time being treated like dirt! who said anything about not being patient? we have made it clear we have been helped on several occasions.....just not until this post did our problem get solved.

bmice
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:01 am

Re: ooma cust service worthless-have no idea of porting process

Post by bmice » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:25 pm

rbuck wrote:Support is expensive. Ooma is free. I just expect support stuff to take longer than a paid service and patiently hold when I have a problem. When I do get someone, usually about 30 mins of hold time, they always have helped me with my issue.
i paid 40 for my phone to be ported...that isnt free

Post Reply