Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#64605 by southsound
Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:27 pm
bbmex63 wrote:You can chalk my statements up to Liberal paranoia. Ha, I least I can admit it.

I used to feel paranoid too until someone told me that I wasn't paranoid because "they" really were out to get me. :P

Paranoid: Exhibiting or characterized by extreme and irrational fear or distrust of others: a paranoid suspicion that the phone might be bugged.
#64607 by lbmofo
Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:34 pm
southsound wrote:
bbmex63 wrote:You can chalk my statements up to Liberal paranoia. Ha, I least I can admit it.

I used to feel paranoid too until someone told me that I wasn't paranoid because "they" really were out to get me. :P

Paranoid: Exhibiting or characterized by extreme and irrational fear or distrust of others: a paranoid suspicion that the phone might be bugged.

This is in the same boat as this???

southsound wrote:I just feel good that I can't remember the last time I forgot something!
#64608 by southsound
Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:38 pm
lbmofo wrote:
southsound wrote:

This is in the same boat as this???

southsound wrote:I just feel good that I can't remember the last time I forgot something!

I'm going to retreat to my safe room now. :shock:

#64609 by bbmex63
Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:14 pm
Ha, the saferoom picture was funny.

Okay, so I performed the task that was suggested to see if a firmware update would come through. My understanding is that this could take a while. So I contacted support to see if they can force an update. Others on this forum said they've successfully had this done.

Well the customer support representative informs me that they no longer push out firmware updates for the hub. I confirmed that they 'pushed out firmware updates in the past'??? The customer support rep confirmed that they used to push them out but they no longer do. I was then informed that the Telo is the only device receiving firmware updates.

This is crazy. Essentially, my understanding is we're all stuck at the firmware we currently have installed. If we experience issues in the future it's in our best interest to upgrade to the Telo. I feel like our hand is being forced to do a hardware upgrade.

What's really confusing is that Dead_Cow said his hub received an update. So I don't get it? Are updates still being pushed or not? My current firmware version is: Rev: 39884.39884

I'm assuming this firmware is way old. Thoughts?

Ben
#64610 by southsound
Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:16 pm
Just a thought in case you haven't used it yet - GV has a call transfer function on incoming calls. I sometimes carry my cell phone when I'm in my wife's garden, at the barn or in the greenhouse. Twice now I've answered a GV call on my cell but didn't want to continue the convesation using airtime minutes - so I walked toward the house, pressed the * key and the call dropped from my cell and rang my ooma phones! I was able to continue the call using the ooma and the caller didn't have to do a thing. I love the added features using GV with ooma delivers! As noted I don't use GVE so these features are available to anyone using GV and even the older ooma hub.
#64611 by southsound
Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:26 pm
bbmex63 wrote: What's really confusing is that Dead_Cow said his hub received an update. So I don't get it? Are updates still being pushed or not? My current firmware version is: Rev: 39884.39884

Ben

According to lbmofo your version is newer than his. I don't know if there is anything more current than 39884.39884 but updates are not usually something a user has to do anything to initiate. New versions are rolled out in stages since it would overburden ooma's servers to do all systems at once. I also know that ooma is commited to bug fixes even on the older hub so if you are having a problem, I believe they want to take care of it. At this point, you may want to contact ntoy - he's one of ooma's super techs and a frequent contributor to the forum. I've found him to be very helpful in dealing with problems.
#64623 by feartheturtle
Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:15 pm
First came this posting earlier today about a firmware update for the hub - - >

Dead_Cow wrote:bbmex,

I rebooted the Ooma hub and guess what? It updated it's firmware, and everything is OK now. My hub is on the perimeter of my network (Modem > Ooma > Router) if yours in inside the network, maybe move it out long enough to upgrade it.

Jonathan

And then there was this one that lists the revision level - - >

bbmex63 wrote:. . . . .
What's really confusing is that Dead_Cow said his hub received an update. So I don't get it? Are updates still being pushed or not? My current firmware version is: Rev: 39884.39884

Ben

So, I checked our hub. Sure enough, there seems to have been an update from 33454.33454 to revision 39884.39884! Has there been any posting or information released concerning this firmware upgrade for the older platform??