Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#64504 by 208036046
Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:39 pm
I'm new to Ooma and bought the Telo system and 4 handsets. I'm really finding 4 handsets rather limiting as we have a very large house. How can I work around that without having to buy an additional Telo unit? Being a premier trial member (I plan to continue), I wouldn't really mind all that much if some of them only worked on the extra line or some of them only worked on the primary line, but I would really like to have 7 Ooma telo handset phones with both lines active if possible. How do we make it happen?
#64505 by murphy
Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:05 pm
Four Telo Handsets is the limit. Get a Dect 6 cordless phone system and connect it to the Phone port of the Telo. If both numbers are in the shared pool, you can receive or make calls on either number. Set distinctive ring so you know which line is calling. Precede calls with **1 to use the caller ID of the second number.
#64524 by nn5i
Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:56 pm
I have a Telo but no Telo handsets. Instead I use two Vtech cordless base units, each of which has six remote handsets. That's twelve remotes, enough for my purposes; but if I needed more I'd just connect another cordless base.

That gives me only one line (one telephone number), but if I had a Hub instead of a Telo I could have two. Then I'd use two-line cordless bases and the corresponding remotes.

But I have no need of two lines anyway.