Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#64436 by hpsan
Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:05 am
I have not been able to receive incoming calls on my Telo system for over 3 weeks. I have lost track of the number of hours that I have spent on the phone with Customer Service, and the number of emails that I have sent. They appear to be totally incapable of grasping the essential elements of the problem, and have continually provided misinformation.

I was told that the customer service "ticket" was assigned to an engineer in Palo Alto several weeks ago, but that there is no indication that any action, whatsoever, has been taken, or that the ticket had even been read. I have asked to speak to a Supervisor and have been refused. I have asked to speak to someone in Palo Alto and have been refused. A 2nd level rep stated that Ooma has been significantly short on staff, and therefore he is unable to transfer any calls.

A phone system that is unable to receive any incoming calls is not a phone system. Add to this, a substandard level of customer service and support, and you get one very unhappy customer! It just should not be this difficult to get a telephone to make and receive calls. That is the very basic nature of it's intended primary function!

Today customer service tells me that Ooma has a "glitch" in its system that is preventing the adding or deleting numbers to my Blacklist, and causing an incorrect number of entries to be reported. This information was meaningless to me, as I can not receive any incoming calls!

It's now taking Ooma longer to even look at my service ticket, than it took AT&T to fully restore landline service in South Florida after Hurricane Wilma!

Totally unacceptable!
#64525 by nn5i
Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:06 pm
Welcome to Ooma customer support.

Short on staff, eh? Since there is no shortage of people needing jobs, with every sort of qualifications imaginable, that must mean that Ooma is on the financial skids. I hope they last until January, when my Telo will have reached breakeven. If they last through February they will even have saved me a little money.
#64533 by DTMF
Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:49 pm
hpsan wrote:\It's now taking Ooma longer to even look at my service ticket, than it took AT&T to fully restore landline service in South Florida after Hurricane Wilma!

Totally unacceptable!

Ooma has dozens of employees and cutting edge technology that they're continually improving. (One estimate of Ooma employees posted here in the forum was around a dozen dozen.)

AT&T has thousands of employees and about as much old legacy technology as new, current technology. That's why AT&T has to charge most of $100/month for roughly the same service Ooma provides for less than $10/month.

The downside is that none of Ooma's dozens of employees are available to come to your house and fix your service when it doesn't work. If that's important to you, you might have made the wrong choice of phone providers. ;)
#64539 by lbmofo
Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:04 pm
hpsan wrote:A phone system that is unable to receive any incoming calls is not a phone system. Add to this, a substandard level of customer service and support, and you get one very unhappy customer! It just should not be this difficult to get a telephone to make and receive calls. That is the very basic nature of it's intended primary function!

I feel for you. It seems that since you joined, you have had nothing but trouble with Ooma. You/your Telo must be a magnet for all the issues that ooma could possibly dish out.

Doesn't seem like you ported your number over so why not give a new ooma number a try. Ask the CS to assign you a new number since you've had so much trouble with your current assigned number. Outgoing at first, now incoming.

With so many of us enjoying trouble free Ooma service, there must be something wrong with the number you are assigned.
#64542 by hpsan
Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:40 pm
DTMF, your sarcasm is in no way constructive towards resolving the problem with Ooma's server and carrier, a problem that they have identified several weeks ago, and neither of which are located in my house. My experience over the last 16 years with AT&T, has been almost non-existent down time, and a very high quality of voice communications and customer service. I tried using XO Communications, as well as VOIP with Nuvox for my business sites in Florida, Georgia, Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, and New Jersey, but AT&T always proved itself to be far superior. I admit that they were always a little more expensive, but they were always worth the difference. My experience with Ooma has been just the opposite over the past 10 months -- it's been one problem after another. In this latest instance, Ooma's 3rd level techs identified the problem to be with their server and contracted carrier. They apparently also have some kind of a carrier/server loop back problem that has been causing my Telo to fail shortly after each incoming call (when I was getting incoming calls). That problem was identified by Ooma in Release # 38948, and was detailed as "Fix problem with inbound not working soon after boot [8891]". Unfortunately, I did not experience that problem until immediately after they uploaded the fix to me in #38948. It is obvious that you are satisfied with your Ooma product and service, and that's really great. It is my understanding, that what I am experiencing here is a regional problem involving the routing and server relationship that Ooma has contracted with XO Communications. If you do not reside in Palm Beach County, Florida, and do not have an exchange beginning with 561-953-XXXX you may not have experienced these consistent problems. Ooma has tried to assign new numbers, but everthing in my area goes through XO, and the problem does not go away. I am also have a problem with my blacklist which rejects all additions and deletions with the message "Service Temporarily Unavailable". The 3rd level tech stated that they have been aware of this ongoing problem, and he described it as a "glitch" in Ooma's system. I sent an email this evening to Peter Scocimara, Vice President of Customer Support & Administration at Ooma (please do not ask for his personal email address, as I will not give it out). Perhaps he can do something constructive to get my Telo working as well as yours.
#64562 by Bobby B
Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:05 am
Last week bug 9333 was discovered in our calling servers. If the number of blacklist entries exceeded 170, then subsequent inbound calls would fail. I deleted some of the numbers off your blacklist numbers (sent which one's were deleted via email) to get you below 170. I just left a test voicemail for you just to confirm you were receiving inbound calls again.

I'm going to track down any other users that have more than 170 entries and then ask our web team to prevent adding more than 170 entries until we get this bug resolved.
#64618 by hpsan
Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:15 pm
Bobby B wrote:Last week bug 9333 was discovered in our calling servers. If the number of blacklist entries exceeded 170, then subsequent inbound calls would fail. I deleted some of the numbers off your blacklist numbers (sent which one's were deleted via email) to get you below 170. I just left a test voicemail for you just to confirm you were receiving inbound calls again.

I'm going to track down any other users that have more than 170 entries and then ask our web team to prevent adding more than 170 entries until we get this bug resolved.

My phones began receiving incoming calls after you reduced the number of entries. However, I am still receiving the message "Service Temporarily Unavailable" when attempting to delete and/or add an entry to the blacklist. Also, the Telo is still arbitrarily rebooting itself.
#65852 by Bobby B
Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:29 am
This bug is resolved now - it will accept up to 256 entries OK.

Bobby B wrote:Last week bug 9333 was discovered in our calling servers. If the number of blacklist entries exceeded 170, then subsequent inbound calls would fail.
#65863 by dschmidt_2000
Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:18 am
Bobby B wrote:This bug is resolved now - it will accept up to 256 entries OK.

Bobby B wrote:Last week bug 9333 was discovered in our calling servers. If the number of blacklist entries exceeded 170, then subsequent inbound calls would fail.

Does enabling the community blacklists count against the 256 entries?

Any bugs with enabling or disabling of the blacklists themselves?

Dave
#65901 by ntoy
Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:05 am
dschmidt_2000 wrote:
Does enabling the community blacklists count against the 256 entries?

Any bugs with enabling or disabling of the blacklists themselves?

Dave

The 256 entries are not part of the community blacklists