Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#64275 by bsmith
Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:32 am
I randomly got charged approximately $13 and have had the ooma unit for less than a few months.

WHY?

I do not have any additional services and have been paying the local tax. Please help.
#64277 by lbmofo
Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:40 am
Wiped my post.

ntoy replied below.
Last edited by lbmofo on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
#64278 by ntoy
Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:42 am
Hello,

There was a link in My Ooma to opt out of premier after the trial premier expired. The charge you see is the $9.99 per month plus taxes & fees. If you do not wish to continue, please contact our support folks to cancel.
#64279 by bsmith
Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:45 am
Thanks, I did. And thank you for your quick response.

It should be more clear to the purchaser of the unit that it will be automatically rolled into the program. I had absolutely no idea. Even an email alert would suffice.
#64292 by jhphone
Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:39 pm
There is a tax+fees charge of about $5 per month for anyone having a phone number.

Q: Is this charge included in the Premier package?
#64314 by ntoy
Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:06 pm
Hello jhphone,

With Premier service, you can have up to 2 phone numbers.

If you would like more like a 3rd or 4th, it would cost $4.99 per month per number.
#64438 by Givmeabrek
Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:13 am
The Ooma billing system needs some serious updating. There is no notification of billing at all. They simply take the money they feel that they deserve. No email and no way to see under My Ooma what you are being billed and no way to see the billing history. :shock:

That's a major no-no and probably a violation to not inform the customer when they are being charged. Sure I know what I signed up for, but common courtesy says an automated email should be sent out when a customer is billed and that history should be available on the web site.

Yes, I did contact CS and yes they did tell me improvements are coming. How long does it take to fix the billing system to send out an email???? This has to change.
#64452 by aflat
Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:53 pm
jhphone wrote:There is a tax+fees charge of about $5 per month for anyone having a phone number.

Yes, I'd like an answer to this as well, are the regulatory fees in addition to the premier package? Or does $9.99 a month cover regulatory fees + premier features? Based on the $13 bill above, it sounds like the fees are on top of the premier package.
#64456 by jhphone
Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:05 pm
aflat wrote:
jhphone wrote:There is a tax+fees charge of about $5 per month for anyone having a phone number.

Yes, I'd like an answer to this as well, are the regulatory fees in addition to the premier package? Or does $9.99 a month cover regulatory fees + premier features? Based on the $13 bill above, it sounds like the fees are on top of the premier package.

Ditto ;) I can find no documentation from Ooma that provides an answer.

Is there anyone out there who's used the Premier service for a few months or more. If so, did you have to pay an additional $5 monthly fee?

IOW, I paid $119 for one year. Will I be billed $5/month on top of that?
#64791 by flexonguy
Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:16 pm
I sighned up for the $99 per month "grandfathered" program that had to be done by end of last year. I followed thru with everything and figured I was good for the next three years. I then recently received an email from CS stating that my credit card expired and they want to bill me $119. I said wait a minute I sighned up last year for the $99 rate and the guy is arguing with me as though I am trying to pull a fast one. I think that they hung this promotion out there with no intentions on honoring it. Maybe hoping that I would not notice the $14 a month billing. Anyone else have this same problem?