Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#64159 by scg
Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:41 am
I just purchased and activated my second Ooma core system. There was no red light to show I had the welcome message. I was able to press the play button and hear it though. I subsequently tried leaving myself a message and although I was able to hear my message on call screening, once again no light. If I reboot the hub, the button does turn red so I know the problem's not the LED behind the button. Any suggestions how to get the voicemail notification to come on when there is a message waiting? TIA
#64169 by hpepper
Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:41 am
Are you sure the lights are turned up? It's the wheel on the right on the Classic hub and the sun or star button on the Telo.
#64183 by ntoy
Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:57 am
Hello,

I see you have 2 hubs. Going by the activation of your 2nd unit, I do not show any log files. It would need to go online to receive updates. Once the updates have completed, you can try testing again.
#64295 by scg
Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:14 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello,

I see you have 2 hubs. Going by the activation of your 2nd unit, I do not show any log files. It would need to go online to receive updates. Once the updates have completed, you can try testing again.

Thanks. You were right on target with your reply. I did not have it on very long due to inability to put too many bricks on electrical outlets in my home office. Got some power liberators and now have both hubs plugged in. I left the newer hub on for a while and the light eventually came on.