Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#64678 by anonymouse
Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:46 pm
stevepierce wrote:Ported number now works and Google Voice users can call me on my ported number.

The problem appears to be that sometimes the number does not come over correctly ported and thus Google cannot complete the call.

When Google looked at the problem, they said that the records for the non-working numbers were incomplete. Google said Ooma needs to make sure that the ported numbers come over correctly. Google says they have an easy way to test a ported number.
I have the same issue - please provide details, please indicate how they fixed it?
#64904 by carbonfiberhoods.com
Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:19 am
So I've been using GV just fine for the last year, but now when I call people I cannot hear them, seems to be 100% now, I just get a few rings and then silence.. Sometimes they can hear me, sometimes they can't. This issue because really bad in the last 2 weeks, it used to be intermittent, now it's constant.

So I call the OOMA tech line...

When I call OOMA about this ticket they just play dumb about google voice...

All they do it try to sell me Premiere to use Google Voice Extensions / Integration, I can never talk to a "LEVEL 2" person.. "because I don't have premiere" I keep telling the lady that I DONT NEED EXTENSIONS to use google voice... This doesn't process in her brain, she just keeps parroting the same scripted answer over and over, buy premier.

That's their new excuse to not help me. Talking to OOMA tech support is like talking to a robot with a Filipino accent, they just repeat the same thing over and over again.

Apparently they don't know the difference between GV and GVE. Good luck explaining it to them too, even though it's their job to know this stuff they have no idea what I'm talking about.

In OOMA's eyes I've been magically making impossible phone calls to Google Voice with my OOMA, it is impossible because I don't have premiere Google Voice extensions or integration. Apparently they forgot that you can call google voice with any phone... Well any phone besides an OOMA I guess.

I think OOMA realized that not enough people were paying for GVE so they purposely disabled GV in order to force people to pay $10 a month for "premium" , which really defeats the purpose of buying an OOMA in the first place... UGH.

Still on hold to talk to a "manager".. 30 minutes of my life wasted on hold again... Now I'm talking to Derek the supervisor... Same robotic nonsense answer...Ok, 15 minutes later he understands... Now I'M ON HOLD AGAIN!
#64909 by southsound
Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:44 am
carbonfiberhoods.com wrote:So I've been using GV just fine for the last year, but now when I call people I cannot hear them, seems to be 100% now, I just get a few rings and then silence.. Sometimes they can hear me, sometimes they can't. This issue because really bad in the last 2 weeks, it used to be intermittent, now it's constant.
I have been using Google Voice since August of last year. Even though I have Premier, I prefer to use it "naked" as you do. I have not had any interruption in service. Calls come in just fine, I am able to place calls just fine (dialing my GV number, then 2 to place a call). However, there have been some difficulties since Google added their gmail calling feature because of the extra call volume - but I believe things have quieted down again.

I think OOMA realized that not enough people were paying for GVE so they purposely disabled GV in order to force people to pay $10 a month for "premium" , which really defeats the purpose of buying an OOMA in the first place... UGH.
I can assure you that ooma is not doing that. There are many like you and I who choose to use naked GV and they would have no reason to discontinue access.

Still on hold to talk to a "manager".. 30 minutes of my life wasted on hold again... Now I'm talking to Derek the supervisor... Same robotic nonsense answer...Ok, 15 minutes later he understands... Now I'M ON HOLD AGAIN!
You seem to really dislike people who work in first line technical support. Of course they use a knowledgebase and scripts - but this gives companies a way to provide adequate care to a great number of people with simple problems. The first line reps may not have a great depth of technical understanding - hence the abillity to escalate when there is a complex problem. But they deserve respect and courtesy. From your rather unkind assessment of them, I wonder if you gave them either one?

Have you reported the poor call quality to GV? They have two ways to note a problem - in the call history and also with a spreadsheet in their forum. I'd start there.

#64913 by rysand
Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:46 am
southsound wrote:
carbonfiberhoods.com wrote:(dialing my GV number, then 2 to place a call). .

maybe that’s the difference? I have been logging online to Google voice and connecting by typing the number there and clicking connect.

thanks that’s something else to test.

luckily i do have premier and been using GVE but it’s a lot more of a hassle.
#65026 by jcarcopo
Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:19 am
I have experienced the same problem in the last few days w/ Google Voice Calling Back numbers & the other side hears nothing when the call connects. I have also notice several times (recently) reaching for any one of 4 Telo Handsets and attempting to dial a number manually, but nothing happens; the screens are frozen, they are locked up, unresponsive, and require me to reboot my Telo Base. All of this could be tied to the firmware update on 8/28 or their own internal server-side updates. Either way, it's par for course for this company. How many more months before MYOOMA.com loads quickly like a webpage and not like I'm downloading the Library of Congress? The Telo Base is a disappointment, but seems fantastic when compared to the Telo-Handsets. (I have been through 12 of them to get 4 that work inconsistently) :-( (I miss my old OOMA HUB & Scout w/o the "Premier" P.I.T.A. (& I'm not referring to gyros!)
#66069 by heyhiren
Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:00 pm
I have a telo and recently I been having the same issue. When I login in to my google voice account and try to dial a number in canada, it rings my ooma number, i pickup, the other side rings. Once the person on the other side picks up i get just silence. I was going nust trying different combination with router in front, ooma in front. now i know its not my configuration but something on ooma side.

Ooma please fix this. :(
#66122 by Dead_Cow
Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:16 pm
I started a separate thread for this problem, but I'll lump it in under Google Voice.

Call presentation is broken.

Incoming call > Press 1 to accept > Press 2 to send to voice mail. Ooma doesn't listen to the tones. All my other phones pick up just fine.
#66125 by southsound
Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:33 pm
Dead_Cow wrote:Call presentation is broken.

Incoming call > Press 1 to accept > Press 2 to send to voice mail. Ooma doesn't listen to the tones. All my other phones pick up just fine.

I'm a tad confused so if it OK, I'd like to ask a couple of questions:
- Are you using the Telo (black) or the Hub (white)?
- If you are using the Telo, do you have the same problem with the Telo handsets and those connected to the PHONE port?
- Are you using GVE (Premier Google Voice Extensions) or just naked Google Voice?
- If you make a call to a bank or other system that requires DTMF for navigation, does it work?
- Also, I'm unclear with: "Ooma doesn't listen to the tones."

The reason for my questions is that I use Call Presentation with naked GV - and I have not been having any problems. The only recent change is for a fellow who calls me using his cell phone while driving a commercial vehicle. He uses an earpiece (first wired but now BlueTooth) and he complains about the loud tone when I press 1. I don't think it did that in the past and I would assume it is a GV problem. I also have an 800 number forwarded to GV so I can get my voicemail from the road. Recently I was at a place that used some cheap wired RS phones and GV could not understand my pin. Not sure if it is related but maybe GV has tightened up its DTMF decoding and that is causing a problem. I'd be interested in what other GV users are experiencing.
#70373 by stevepierce
Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:56 pm
Ooma, this problem is back. Ticket #101208-000869.

Using a land line, cell or other non-Ooma line, call your Google Voice number and leave a message.

Now login to Google Voice and add your Ooma line as a Phone, under Settings, Phone. You will have to verify the number in order for Google Voice to use the Ooma number.

Ok, now that you have added the number. Go to Google Voice and pick up the message you just left. In Google voice you have the ability to Call back someone that called you. Have Google Voice call you back on your Ooma line. What will happen is when you return a call in Google Voice, it first will ring your Ooma line. Then when you pick up the phone, Google Voice will then call the number of the voicemail which would be the landline you used to leave a message.

The person on the other answers and your call is connected. Well that is what is supposed to happen.

What is happening when the call connects the other end can hear you but you can't hear them. If the far end presses a number on a touch tone, you can hear the tone, but you can't hear the voice.

This used to work up until a couple of days ago and has now stopped working.

This has nothing to do with the Premier add-on for Google Voice from Ooma. The problem is likely similar to the Comcast connection problem Ooma had back in August 2010

This is similar in that you are using Google VoIP to complete the call and the Ooma device is not recognizing the call has been answered.

This is not a problem with Google Voice Extensions

- Steve