Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#64174 by stevepierce
Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:04 am
rysand wrote: I can confirm this is a recent issue as I use it every day, many times a day. I tried to enable GVE and use Google voice as my outbound number but that does not seem to work.

Side not I am a premier customer and as a test, I added my uncle who uses Vonage (my old provider) and Google voice went 3 for 3. If no resolution soon, I will have to go back to Vonage. :(

rysand,

Who is your ISP?
What Ooma device to you have?
Do you have anything plugged into your Home port on the back of the Ooma?

Cheers!

- Steve
#64177 by carbonfiberhoods.com
Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:21 am
oops, I overlooked this and started my own thread, hopefully this comment bumps this back to the top.

Same here I have the EXACT same problem, just started this week.

If I call someone through google voice + ooma basic, they cannot hear me. So I have to dial them direct using my OOMA. This is really bad for my customers since my regular # is a vanity google voice # 1-478-CARBON-1 (I sell carbon fiber hoods) . When I call them with my ooma's (818)-xxx-xxxx number they're wondering who's calling them, since it's an entirely different area code.

I'm running high speed verizon business FIOS 30mbps/up/down (fast connection but horrible customer service) and my OOMA calls are great, it's just when I use google voice that it doesn't work.

I wish there was a way to just dial using google voice with a USB headset or something..

If anyone has the solution please post it :)

Right now I'm just playing the waiting game, since I figure Google will eventually figure this out... I hope...
#64189 by cylooma
Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:42 pm
carbonfiberhoods.com wrote:I wish there was a way to just dial using google voice with a USB headset or something..

How are you dialing with google voice right now? I rarely use google voice. But when I use it, I just logon to gmail and use the "Call" app. Punch in the number from the dialpad and use a standard headphone and mic connected to my laptop. It works fine for me :).
#64190 by Diana
Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:53 pm
Steve,

My ISP is Charter Cable. I have the Telo.

I have the Telo plugged in between the modem and router. Nothing else is plugged in.

In addition to calling Ooma support, I sent an email (and I reference this forum thread) to Ooma support. I received this reply this morning:

"Thank you for contacting Ooma Customer Support.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. Upon checking of your account, the status is already on "Basic" service level. Yes, we have seen the posts on the forum you have provided but please be informed that Google Voice feature is a Premier feature as you do need a secondary virtual number to work - https://www.ooma.com/support/knowledgeba ... extensions. "
#64201 by ntoy
Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:34 pm
Hello,

Premier is only needed for GVE.

I have my hub phone number listed in my google voice account. I used an alternate phone to call my google voice number & it rang my hub phone.
#64210 by rysand
Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:28 pm
stevepierce wrote:
rysand wrote: I can confirm this is a recent issue as I use it every day, many times a day. I tried to enable GVE and use Google voice as my outbound number but that does not seem to work.

Side not I am a premier customer and as a test, I added my uncle who uses Vonage (my old provider) and Google voice went 3 for 3. If no resolution soon, I will have to go back to Vonage. :(

rysand,

Who is your ISP?
What Ooma device to you have?
Do you have anything plugged into your Home port on the back of the Ooma?

Cheers!

- Steve

Comcast Business CLass
I have a Telo
Nothing is plugged into my home port.
#64211 by rysand
Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:30 pm
Diana wrote:"Thank you for contacting Ooma Customer Support.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. Upon checking of your account, the status is already on "Basic" service level. Yes, we have seen the posts on the forum you have provided but please be informed that Google Voice feature is a Premier feature as you do need a secondary virtual number to work - https://www.ooma.com/support/knowledgeba ... extensions. "

Boy are they missing the point!!!
#64233 by stevepierce
Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:43 pm
Diana wrote:"Thank you for contacting Ooma Customer Support.

Sadly email support doesn't get it. All you can do is ask them if they have tried to duplicate the problem. If they say yes, ask them for the Google Voice number so you can call and leave a message. Then have them test it by calling you.

It will not work.

- Steve
#64234 by stevepierce
Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:50 pm
rysand wrote:Comcast Business CLass
I have a Telo
Nothing is plugged into my home port.

Thanks!

I too am using Comcast Business Class and a Telo and I am a premiere user and I have nothing in the Home port. I do not have Google Voice Extensions enabled nor do I have a second Ooma line.

- Steve
#64245 by stevepierce
Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:19 pm
Latest email I sent to Support:

We have confirmed that this same problem occurs with Comcast and Charter Cable as well as Verizion FiOS and it also happens using a T1 line from Cavalier. So the problem is not isolated to just one ISP.

The problem is clearly Ooma and they way it interacts with Google Voice VoIP.

Have you tested with Google Voice and have you followed the steps we outlined to reproduce the problem?

If not, why not?

The problem is easily reproducible.

- Steve