Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#63804 by oomann
Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:47 pm
I called Ooma support to cancel premier service that is about 10 days from ending its free trial. After waiting on hold 5 minutes I was connected to a support person. He placed me on hold to cancel the subscription. After 10-15 minutes on hold I was disconnected. He called back a couple minutes later and said he put a notation on my account to not continue with premier. He said if they charge me next month I should call back and have them look at his notation on my account.

This answer does not leave me with much confidence. Calling to cancel a service and getting an answer of 'I made a notation... call back if they charge you' isn't exactly the same as telling me 'it was cancelled', 'it will not renew' or 'you will not be charged'. Also, I would think it shouldn't take 10-15 minutes to make a notation on my account. This leaves me with little confidence that premier was canceled.

Is there someone at Ooma that can look at my account and verify premier service will not be renewed after the trial ends? I would feel better with a solid statement that I will not be charged for premier. Thank you for the help.
#63812 by nn5i
Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:14 pm
If you go to My Ooma and click Account I think you ought to be able to see your Premier status, including whether you've opted out. At least, that worked for me after I opted out. Also, you ought to be able to opt out if you haven't done so or if the Ooma system doesn't know you've opted out.
#64090 by oomann
Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:23 pm
My account page lists "Your service level is: Premier, Free Trial"
This is the same service status that has been listed on the account since day one.

I called Ooma and they didn't say anything about the "note" on the account. The customer service rep said they would put me on Ooma Core service after the trial ends.

Then she went on to tell me the services I will have with the Core service are outgoing Caller ID names, basic voicemail and incoming caller ID numbers but not names.

I was under the impression the Ooma Core included incoming caller-ID names with Core service. That is the whole reason I bought a Core over a Telo.

Can anyone at Ooma confirm that my Core service will or will not have incoming caller-ID names?
#64091 by lbmofo
Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:26 pm
oomann wrote:My account page lists "Your service level is: Premier, Free Trial"
This is the same service status that has been listed on the account since day one.

I called Ooma and they didn't say anything about the "note" on the account. The customer service rep said they would put me on Ooma Core service after the trial ends.

Then she went on to tell me the services I will have with the Core service are outgoing Caller ID names, basic voicemail and incoming caller ID numbers but not names.

I was under the impression the Ooma Core included incoming caller-ID names with Core service. That is the whole reason I bought a Core over a Telo.

Can anyone at Ooma confirm that my Core service will or will not have incoming caller-ID names?

Will.
#64104 by oomann
Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:53 pm
lbmofo wrote:
oomann wrote:My account page lists "Your service level is: Premier, Free Trial"

Will.

I hope you are right. In another thread I asked an Ooma moderator/employee in hopes they can look at my account and confirm.

That same moderator has told others their Ooma Core would have caller-ID names. But I can't get passed how adamant this customers service rep was that I would not get the names. She even said she had a manager sitting next to her that confirmed this. But it is exactly opposite of what I've read in many threads here including viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6780&start=10
#64110 by lbmofo
Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:07 pm
CS is probably thinking of Basic service (pays RRF/tax) vs Core service (no RRF/tax).

Before anyone from Ooma gets back to you....these will make you feel at ease a bit.

1) I am darn sure (can bet the farm) that Core service comes with callerid name as well as the number.
2) I am less sure (won't bet the farm) that Basic service comes with callerid name as well as number if you have a Hub; because I've observed this on family/friends' Hub with Basic service.

Ooma is an upright company; does what it says so that's why with Core service, you get callerid name as well as the number:

Just check out this Amazon listing for the Core
http://amzn.com/B001C1MGKI

"Caller-ID: See the name and number of who is calling (caller-ID compatible phone required)"

Here is some more reading for fun:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7997