Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#63592 by swinghard
Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:46 pm
Can people please share how you ported your number from Viatalk to Ooma. I started the process months ago and still have not have my number ported. I sent in my LOA. I sent in information from Viatalk. I called Ooma, still nothing. I'm getting very frustrated. I purchased a Premier membership and its wasting away because I cannot get my number ported. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
#63604 by madurodave
Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:41 pm
What has Ooma CS told you? Do they know what the issue is?

I can only speak from what I would do. I just started the porting process myself. If I can't have it done in a month, I will cancel the port and just keep the new temporary number. Otherwise I will be paying Comcast $45 for the phone plus $13.50 to Ooma for the Premier service plus taxes. I only want to pay for 1 service.

So talk to Ooma customer service and find out what the issue is!
#63652 by ntoy
Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:50 am
Hello swinghard,

We understand your frustration & appreciate your patience. At the moment, we are awaiting on our carrier for a completion date. Your reference ticket is LEC-51878
#63656 by kdmc69
Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:11 am
swinghard wrote:Can people please share how you ported your number from Viatalk to Ooma. I started the process months ago and still have not have my number ported. I sent in my LOA. I sent in information from Viatalk. I called Ooma, still nothing. I'm getting very frustrated. I purchased a Premier membership and its wasting away because I cannot get my number ported. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I ported my number from Viatalk, but that was 2 years ago. It took 3 weeks at that time. (Which was the time estimate Ooma gave me.)