Is it possible to check voice mail?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
jmoar

Is it possible to check voice mail?

Post by jmoar » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:42 pm

I am trying to find out if there is a way to check the "voicemail" from a phone that is not in my house! I have called support twice and can't seem to get anyone that has a clue as to what I am asking.

Here is the question: I am on a business trip and want to call home from the hotel and check my calls. Can I do it?

I do not want to have to log into an account online as I don't have a computer. I don't have a cell phone (pretend). Is there a number I can call or my wife can call like a typical voicemail??

Thanks so much.

cylooma

Re: Is it possible to check voice mail?

Post by cylooma » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:44 pm

Dial your phone number. Then press * during the greeting. It will prompt you for your pin.
Cox HSI -> Motorola cable modem -> Netgear wndr3700 w/ Qos -> Ooma Telo -> Uniden DECT2188-3

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:15 pm

cylooma wrote:Dial your phone number. Then press * during the greeting. It will prompt you for your pin.
You'll probably have to call your wife first to tell her to let the next call go to voice mail.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

jmoar

Post by jmoar » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:05 pm

Thanks so much. that wasn't so hard. Not sure why they could not figure that out to tell me from the support!