Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#4177 by RudyTome
Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:50 pm
I use Network Magic to help manage my network. I have the main station which is connected to the router (wireless). I then have one desktop and two laptops that wirelessly connect to the router. Before installing the Ooma hub they all talked with each other and shared printers and files.

When I put the Ooma hub between the computer and the router, as the directions said, the main computer cannot see the other computers and the other computers cannot see any of the other computers.

Does anyone know how to get things working again?

Thanks for your help.
#4183 by murphy
Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:21 am
The preferred location for the ooma hub is between the ISP's modem and the router. The second method is to connect the ooma hub to a LAN port of the router just like it was another computer. The Home jack of the hub is not used in this configuration unless you need to access the hub's web page.
#4251 by RudyTome
Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:37 pm
Thanks for your response.

There is no ISP Modem. I use a Linksys WRT160N v2 wireless router. The modem is built into it. The device connects directly to the internet. My computer connects to it.

I have it set up as you suggested as the alternative with the results that I have described.
#4264 by kradoom
Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:44 am
you can try this..

instead of where your computer used to connect to your modem/router, connect ooma there through the modem port, and after that connect your computer into the home port of ooma...

i know it is a strange setup and I haven't read about it before, but that's what I did and it seemed to work...

also u might want to set a static ip on ooma and then enable dmz on it, for it to forward everything to your computer..
#4270 by lohertz
Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:22 am
murphy wrote:The preferred location for the ooma hub is between the ISP's modem and the router. The second method is to connect the ooma hub to a LAN port of the router just like it was another computer. The Home jack of the hub is not used in this configuration unless you need to access the hub's web page.

That is the best answer.