Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#63006 by jmoar
Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:34 pm
Hello there,

I have had great success with my Ooma system. I would like to get this system for my parents. They currently have two lines into their home. They would like to port their second line to the Ooma system to see how it works for a while. IF it is successful they would then like to port their main number in place of the first number ported and would, thus, have one number again, but it would be their original number they do not want to loose.

Is this possible or is there a "one port" limit to a line. Obviously we understand that there would be an additional charge if possible. Thanks
#63008 by murphy
Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:49 pm
That will work.
If they subscribe to Premier they can keep both numbers.
If both numbers are on the same account, do not port the number that is used as the account number first.
#63015 by jmoar
Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:25 pm
{If they subscribe to Premier they can keep both numbers.
If both numbers are on the same account, do not port the number that is used as the account number first.}

I'm not following? "do not port the number that is used as the account number first". what exactly are you saying?

They have two main numbers, lets say 1 and 2. They wish to make number "1" their primary number eventually. The "2" number can either go away or perhaps they'll consider keeping both. I think you are saying port 2 first? Sorry i'm unclear!

jmoar
#63030 by murphy
Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:21 pm
jmoar wrote:{If they subscribe to Premier they can keep both numbers.
If both numbers are on the same account, do not port the number that is used as the account number first.}

I'm not following? "do not port the number that is used as the account number first". what exactly are you saying?

They have two main numbers, lets say 1 and 2. They wish to make number "1" their primary number eventually. The "2" number can either go away or perhaps they'll consider keeping both. I think you are saying port 2 first? Sorry i'm unclear!

jmoar

On their current phone bill one of the two phone numbers is also the account number with maybe a few extra numbers added.
That is the primary phone number. The other phone number is the secondary phone number.
If you port the primary number first the account will be closed and the secondary number will disappear.
Port the secondary number and once that has been completed then port the primary number.