Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#62858 by nn5i
Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:12 pm
That's nice, but I wish that, instead of concentrating on new stuff, they'd place their highest priority on getting the features they already offer to work properly all the time. Soon, I guess, they'll have new features that -- like the old features -- sort of work, most of the time, for most users. Things like outgoing caller ID, and outgoing calls that actually connect so you can talk when the called party picks up. They need to fix those things first, before implementing new features.
#62898 by scoutconnor
Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:33 am
nn5i wrote:That's nice, but I wish that, instead of concentrating on new stuff, they'd place their highest priority on getting the features they already offer to work properly all the time. Soon, I guess, they'll have new features that -- like the old features -- sort of work, most of the time, for most users. Things like outgoing caller ID, and outgoing calls that actually connect so you can talk when the called party picks up. They need to fix those things first, before implementing new features.

Some of the stuff (CID for example) is out of Ooma's control. Ooma sends out your CID to the receiving party's phone service but if they already have a record for you, it may display the old CID entry or 'Ooma Inc.'. Ooma can send out "requests" for the other company to change the record but ultimately, it is up to the other company to change it.
My CID has been known to say anything from 'Vonage' to Ooma Inc.' to my real CID.
#62930 by nn5i
Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:50 pm
Yes, I've known that literally for decades. It's been two months and a half that my outgoing CID has been incorrect, and the failure is Ooma's. Every time I mention it here, some well-meaning, um, person, equipped with superficial knowledge and a bland confidence that Ooma cannot fail in its half of the job, informs me didactically of how the system is supposed to work, naively believing that he has explained all. But no -- Ooma has to do a better job of distributing to the other data bases if it is to keep me as a customer.