Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#62579 by coaster
Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:51 pm
The parties I call keep saying that my caller-id displays OOMA. It has been over 2 weeks since I first installed my telo. I suggested my father get a unit and he hooked his up today. His name showed up for me only hours after his installation when he called me this evening. Do I need to call support? I have had 2 other VOIP providers in the past and don't recall a delay. This was with getting a new number without porting each time.
#62639 by ntoy
Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:54 am
Hello,

I spoke to our provisioning team & callerid name was reprovisioned. Should take about 24-48 hours.

Can you retest in a few days?

Thx
#62643 by southsound
Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:31 pm
stanltaaf wrote:I have the same issue with my hub unit. When I call out people see a different phone number than my own. :shock:

Not the same problem at all. The OP was talking about the CName attached to his ooma number - the number was correct but the name showing up is OOMA. Your problem seems to be that the NUMBER itself is incorrect. I would suggest a call to ooma's technical support line and see what they can discover. The number is 888 711-6662.
#62838 by nn5i
Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:13 am
Don't hold your breath. I've had my Telo for two months and 12 days (since June 10) and my outgoing Caller ID still says Ooma. On July 26 I called Customer Support, trouble ticket CS58579, and they assured me they'd be right on it.

Yeah, right.
#63409 by nn5i
Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:18 pm
Mine is finally working now, too -- two-and-a-half months after I first got Ooma, and exactly one month after I called Customer Support (July 26). Of course, it worked right on July 29, too -- for exactly one day. Anyway, happy if it stays fixed.