Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#4096 by stephan949
Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:27 am
Hello,
With any other company I was able to use dial around for my international calls.
This works as follows:
I dial a long distance number in the US, get connected with my (dial around company) after being connected I just dial 00-countrycode-phone number. This way my international calls are charged from by my dial around company.
When doing this with Ooma after dialing the 00-countrycode-number I hear a message from “apparently Ooma’ telling me this call is not free and can not be connected…

Please help
#4224 by Dennis P
Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:24 pm
Unfortunately you cannot use dial around service (1010XXX) with ooma. Most cell phones, VoIP services, and cable digital voice services cannot handle such calls. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause, hopefully our international rates are good enough for you to use us as your primary international carrier.
#4234 by tommies
Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:11 pm
Hm.. to certain countries in Southeast Asia, ooma's international rate cost more than 4 times of those dial around (22 cent/min vs. 5cent/min). And the conversation usually lasts at least 30min or more. I don't have problem using it on my mobile phone. Call quality not on par with ooma but acceptable, and the price is dirt cheap: 1-2cent/min for Canada/western Europe, 5-6cent to southeast Asia.

If ooma can reduce the rate to below 10cent/min for those whose price are now more than 20cent/min, I am more than happy to use it.
#4240 by runagun
Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:37 pm
I use Jajah. Prices might seem a little higher but u also have to figure all taxes and what not are included in the price so it makes it even a better deal. If Ooma can cut prices to Montenegro I wouldn't have a problem using them. Ooma get to work on that ;)

tommies wrote:Hm.. to certain countries in Southeast Asia, ooma's international rate cost more than 4 times of those dial around (22 cent/min vs. 5cent/min). And the conversation usually lasts at least 30min or more. I don't have problem using it on my mobile phone. Call quality not on par with ooma but acceptable, and the price is dirt cheap: 1-2cent/min for Canada/western Europe, 5-6cent to southeast Asia.

If ooma can reduce the rate to below 10cent/min for those whose price are now more than 20cent/min, I am more than happy to use it.