Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#61991 by Buckeyes69
Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:04 pm
Ooma has worked great so far, just one annoying issue.

My current answering machine has "text to voice" so it says "Call from...." it then reads the caller ID name or number as soon as it comes in and before they have to leave a message. For that reason I continue to use that instead of the Ooma Voicemail. I know I can screen calls with Ooma...but it's nice to screen them "before" they start leaving a message so no one really feels like I'm screening.

Problem is, when they do leave a message and then hang up...the answering machine doesn't recognize that right away so there is about 4-5 seconds of a very loud Ooma dial tone. Minor issue I know, but it is WAY louder than the voicemail itself and I never had that problem with Comcast VOIP.

Any suggestions?
#71410 by Fergumungus
Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:35 pm
I have the exact same problem using the answering machine built into my Panasonic expandable phones. I prefer to use the built-in answering machine because I can see that I have a message waiting from any phone in the house. But at the end of every message left on the machine are a few annoying seconds of a very loud dial tone.
#71417 by southsound
Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:59 pm
Fergumungus wrote:I have the exact same problem using the answering machine built into my Panasonic expandable phones. I prefer to use the built-in answering machine because I can see that I have a message waiting from any phone in the house. But at the end of every message left on the machine are a few annoying seconds of a very loud dial tone.

Most modern DECT 6.0 cordless phones will respond to the message waiting indication signal that is sent from the Telo or the hub and illuminate the MW light on their handsets. I use Uniden 1580-5 systems and they show messages that are left on my ooma voicemail. I have the internal Uniden voicemail turned off.