Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#4056 by hwm5258
Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:48 am
I'm going on an international business trip next month. Can I just take my ooma hardware with me? Do I need to contact customer service for anything? Thanks in advance.
#4063 by Bobby B
Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:14 pm
Yep, ooma will anywhere in the world with a fixed-line broadband internet connection (DSL, cable, LAN or fiber-optic), subject to the local laws in the country.

The only caveat -- if you're using it in the US, just be sure to update your service address in the Lounge for E911 purposes, otherwise emergency responders will go to your home address when you dial "911"
#8579 by luscombe1310
Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:06 pm
hwm5258 wrote:I'm going on an international business trip next month. Can I just take my ooma hardware with me? Do I need to contact customer service for anything? Thanks in advance.

Hi:
I brought my ooma hub to Taiwan last week.
And it works perfect here.
Now I won't miss any phone calls for the next three weeks of stay in Taiwan plus I can call anyone in US without charge.
I impressed my friends in US when I called them from Taiwan.
They thought I haven't left home yet because they saw my name through their caller ID.

Thank you ooma!
I love it!

PS: One funny thing was when I tested the ooma system after the installation, the first phone call I made was my parents phone # here (right next to my ooma system) but I have to dial as international call, this confused my mother big time)