Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#4043 by sunrisepostal
Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:36 am
I have my land line porting in process today and i like to know its how long it should take to be port over to ooma because my land line can not receive any call since this morning. its about more then 6 hours i can not receive call.
#4044 by murphy
Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:52 am
Mine took about 8 hours from the time that I noticed the old line had gone out of service until the ooma service started working. Your lounge log in will change from the temporary number to your ported number. They will send you an email when they make that switch. Sometimes you also have to cycle the power on the hub.
#4046 by sunrisepostal
Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:55 am
murphy wrote:Mine took about 8 hours from the time that I noticed the old line had gone out of service until the ooma service started working. Your lounge log in will change from the temporary number to your ported number. They will send you an email when they make that switch. Sometimes you also have to cycle the power on the hub.

Thanks for fast reply
Jack.
#4059 by sunrisepostal
Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:11 pm
I just talk to customer support after 40 minuets hold on line they told me give another 2 hours to complete.

I don't know whats going on.
#4067 by dlong
Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:30 pm
Evidently, the "Switchover" is in progress. Hang in there because you will be ported soon. That's pretty decent service to tell you exactly when it will occurr. I hope ooma service can cut down the hold times.
#4073 by sunrisepostal
Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:59 pm
finally porting processis complete by 6:00PM today and everything is working fine now.

Its take about 10 hours.

Thanks
Jack.
#4080 by trim81
Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:12 pm
sunrisepostal wrote:finally porting processis complete by 6:00PM today and everything is working fine now.

Its take about 10 hours.

Thanks
Jack.

cool,. did the email indicating a completed port come in instantly?