Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#63059 by FreePhone
Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:41 pm
murphy wrote:Do you have a Telo?
Incoming FAXes are automatic on a hub.

I have a hub. If incoming faxes are automatic, but what about setting it up for outgoing?
#63062 by murphy
Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:23 am
FreePhone wrote:
murphy wrote:Do you have a Telo?
Incoming FAXes are automatic on a hub.

I have a hub. If incoming faxes are automatic, but what about setting it up for outgoing?

Dial *99 pause before you dial the destination phone number.
If you are dialing manually the pause is to wait for the dial tone to return.
#63366 by tovtum
Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:32 pm
Had the same problem until I used the following configuration:

Set up a second line with a non-default ring pattern (s-s-l-l)
Routed my Ooma telo to my fax machine and then my telephone. (Tried using a splitter, as recommended, but had no success)
Set Ooma Voicemail to 9 rings (54 seconds)

On my Fax Machine (Cannon MX870) I did the following:
Turned off ECM
Set Ring pattern to DRPD
Set DRPD Fax ring pattern to other ring pattern

Those settings worked for me to receive a fax.

Now to just configure the Ooma to only forward my original number and not it and the fax number, everything would be golden.
#75829 by mliu25
Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:31 am
Hi wpwood3,

I'm not very technical so I just get a free online fax: http://www.k7.net/index.htm

The only challenge for this free online fax and voicemail service is:

1. It's a 206 area code (but now a day may not be an issue especially you use it sparingly)
2. You need to keep the # active within 30 days or account will go inactivate and you will have to get a new #. For me, I just set a reminder to call the # once every months and the vm kicked in and I'm done.

My question for everyone... how do you type "pause" after *99 on HP 6500 wireless computer fax screen?
#75863 by nextbond
Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:22 pm
I have the same HP6500 E709N machine. I connected it as follows

Modem -> Router -> OOma Telo

Ooma phone port -> Splitter : to DECT phone and HP 6500

fax enabled in setup.ooma.com

I don't need the *99 for outbound fax. Incoming fax is not automatic. I have to press the 'Fax start' button on the 6500 for it to receive it.
#76040 by lbmofo
Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:02 pm
mliu25 wrote:Hi wpwood3,

I'm not very technical so I just get a free online fax: http://www.k7.net/index.htm

The only challenge for this free online fax and voicemail service is:

1. It's a 206 area code (but now a day may not be an issue especially you use it sparingly)
2. You need to keep the # active within 30 days or account will go inactivate and you will have to get a new #. For me, I just set a reminder to call the # once every months and the vm kicked in and I'm done.

My question for everyone... how do you type "pause" after *99 on HP 6500 wireless computer fax screen?

This free K7 fax and VM service works wonderfully. Faxes and VMs come directly to your email inbox. Thanks for the info.