Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#68478 by pf100
Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:37 pm
I found a fix for my Telo handset problems. I unplugged the power to the base, then turned the phone off and unplugged the battery. Then I plugged in some new cordless phones from walmart.

I'm sorry people, but the Telo handset is completely useless. The faster you stop using it, the faster you'll have a usable phone system with Ooma.
#71496 by jbdubeck
Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:41 am
I never had this problem until I located my Wii adjacent to the base station. The problem ended as soon as I unplugged the Wii. The Wii never caused a problem when it was located in a different room.
#72124 by dgpape
Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:31 am
Is anyone else puzzled why Ooma support never chimes-in (no pun intended) on this issue? I have had intermittent random paging issues since February of last year. I was successful in solving the issue by doing a factory reset on both my Telo and handset, but about a month or so ago it all started-up again. Now I find out that for some reason the factory reset procedure no longer works on the Telo.

It's interesting to note that simply shutting off the handset doesn't solve the problem, It just doesn't give the paging signal any place to resonate. The page button on the Telo still blinks randomly, sending out it's phantom signal, and if you happen to be on a call while this is happening, you'll likely be disconnected.

Nothing new was added in the vicinity of my Telo... there's nothing there aside from a cable modem and router (the stuff that's supposed to be there). No cats or any other visible scapegoats... just faulty equipment and horrible customer service.

I can understand the company's challenge in that everybody likely has different variables—different internet carriers, modems, routers, etc., but the lack of communication and dedication to a adequate customer service department—especially for a technology-based company—is ridiculous.

Typically, I'm more understanding with companies whose product is fubar, but to simply ignore known problems, to not be upfront about it's deficiencies to the customers that have invested in it is unforgivable.

Needless to say, I've submitted my technical support request... I'll wait the customary 24 hours to get a response... and then likely glean nothing of value from it.
#72126 by ntoy
Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:11 am
dgpape wrote:Is anyone else puzzled why Ooma support never chimes-in (no pun intended) on this issue? I have had intermittent random paging issues since February of last year. I was successful in solving the issue by doing a factory reset on both my Telo and handset, but about a month or so ago it all started-up again. Now I find out that for some reason the factory reset procedure no longer works on the Telo.

It's interesting to note that simply shutting off the handset doesn't solve the problem, It just doesn't give the paging signal any place to resonate. The page button on the Telo still blinks randomly, sending out it's phantom signal, and if you happen to be on a call while this is happening, you'll likely be disconnected.

Nothing new was added in the vicinity of my Telo... there's nothing there aside from a cable modem and router (the stuff that's supposed to be there). No cats or any other visible scapegoats... just faulty equipment and horrible customer service.

I can understand the company's challenge in that everybody likely has different variables—different internet carriers, modems, routers, etc., but the lack of communication and dedication to a adequate customer service department—especially for a technology-based company—is ridiculous.

Typically, I'm more understanding with companies whose product is fubar, but to simply ignore known problems, to not be upfront about it's deficiencies to the customers that have invested in it is unforgivable.

Needless to say, I've submitted my technical support request... I'll wait the customary 24 hours to get a response... and then likely glean nothing of value from it.

Hello,

Do you have other equipment that maybe causing interference?-Perhaps you can try distancing the telo from them or powering them down temporarily to further isolate. Have you tried connecting the power supply to another electrical outlet? Any electrical wires in contact with the power supply?
#72763 by monkmanusa
Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:24 pm
I have the same problem.
Random pages at odd times, odd days - no consistency to it.
I know its a page as the telo base is "pinging" (the little radio beacon flashing away) and the handset say "Paging"......
Only thing I have been able to do to guarantee no noise is turn the thing off - which means I now have a peice of hardware that I cannot use (and cannot have a "second line").

Would really like to know if there is an answer.

Oh - I do not have the router, modem, Wii or anything else near either the base or the handset. The base is in the kitchen (my house is ethernet wired so router/modem elsewhere) and the handset is 20 feet away in the great room. The base is on a desk/kitchen counter about 2 feet to the side of a wall oven - but that never gets used anyway (well only when wifey feels like it). The microwave is above the oven - so possible 3 1/2 feet from base - but when it "pages" the micro has never been on...
Any assistance out there?
#74724 by trippcook
Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:06 am
I do have a baby monitor, but I've used 2 different cordless phones in my house with no issue. I have to say, for hardware as slick as Ooma's to be thwarted by a baby monitor is pretty lame.

I have this same problem. Does anyone know WHICH wireless frequencies cause this bug? I could perhaps replace my monitor with a different type if it meant I could use my new Ooma Telo and handsets.
#74728 by EA PA
Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:36 am
'Wayne,

Not so crazy an idea - if the telo handset not properly placed into the base till the blue charge LED lit, it will start beeping on low batt. Placing it in the base is NOT as idiotically simple as all of my other phones....

My wife was ready to throw all of my gizmos out the window and it took me a few minutes to figure out what the issue was when I got home -

I have not had any paging issues though - just the one educational event. good comment

On another note, garage door openers? Something to try anyway. Hard to believe its an RFI issue or EMI issue for that matter - could it be a flakey Page button on the OOMA touch membrane?