Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#61243 by hankisi
Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:49 am
When calling international landline numbers get two or three rings and then silence. Other party hears the ring, but gets silence when they pick up. calling cell numbers overseas works fine. Ooma tech support unable to resolve the problem in two weeks (they've gone silent on the issue). Anyone else have the same issue and fixes? If not this unit's going back to costco!
#64235 by talgreg
Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:54 pm
I can make landline call to Thailand but can't call cell phone. Had someone else try to call and no problems. Just me and my ooma system. Oh well I guess you get what you pay for. Oh.. in this case don't even get that.
#64330 by talgreg
Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:17 am
Now can't make any calls to Thailand. Also, my international call log undewr "My Account" shows no activity after the 5th of Sept even though I tried repeatably. Tech support say they working on it. In the mean time I have no way to call.
#64401 by talgreg
Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:03 pm
After sending an email to Tech support I received a reply within a few hours. I sent screenshots of my call logs and the last response was that they were given to the technicians and to please allow the problem to be resolved within 24-48 hours, that was yesterday. When I got home from work today I tried to call and everything was working good. So I have to say, I recieved very prompt, courtous and excellent customer service. Thaks OOMA, I appreciate you making my phone outage a priority.
#64403 by southsound
Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:07 pm
I'm glad that they could make things work for you. My experience with ooma has been that they really care for customers and will go the extra mile to make them happy. I'm happy that they were able to address your calling problem.
#64990 by robertwee
Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:11 am
I have the same problem. I would call and it would ring and ring but nothing. The other party said that they hear the ring but when they pick the phone up, silence. I sent an eamil to tech support. Hopefully they will fix the problem.
#127687 by vworah
Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:05 pm
My international calls ring once than "cannot connect at this time, try again later." Chatted with an incompetent person on the other side. Tried again to call tonight. Not successful.
#127689 by lbmofo
Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:32 pm
This is a user forum but sometimes Ooma employees reply.
Sometimes if you leave out the 0 in the area code (dial sequence, just 9 instead of 09) of the city you are calling works. Sometimes adding 0 works (dial sequence, 09 instead of 9).

Example: Costco Taipei lists their number as +886 2 8791 0110

So using Ooma, I would dial 011 886 2 8791 0110 then it would go through.

Other calling card systems and other carrier methods ask people to include 0 in front of the area code 2 so via habit, some may dial 011 886 02 8791 0110.

In this case, using Ooma, I would get "Your call can not be completed at this time, please try again later."

How to call Taiwan from US. http://www.howtocallabroad.com/taiwan/
You can select your destination by clicking on letters A through Z on top.