Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#61368 by av8r
Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:37 am
So no help from ooma on this one? I can set up a rule to forward the email from hotmail to Exchange and make this work, but it seems quite silly to have to do this, no?
#61371 by DTMF
Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:03 am
av8r wrote:So no help from ooma on this one? I can set up a rule to forward the email from hotmail to Exchange and make this work, but it seems quite silly to have to do this, no?

According to post #3, they can't replicate the symptom, so it's probably a quirk in the config of your Exchange server. Perhaps if you worked w/them on this via email and included screenshots or a copy/paste of a complete attachment-less message with full header info, they might get more insight?
#61421 by av8r
Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:11 pm
DTMF wrote:
av8r wrote:So no help from ooma on this one? I can set up a rule to forward the email from hotmail to Exchange and make this work, but it seems quite silly to have to do this, no?

According to post #3, they can't replicate the symptom, so it's probably a quirk in the config of your Exchange server. Perhaps if you worked w/them on this via email and included screenshots or a copy/paste of a complete attachment-less message with full header info, they might get more insight?

It's the way they're embedding the attachment. I've already figured that out. I can forward to others that have Exchange and they get the same behavior. Only manually forwarding from another email (not a system forward) works. I don't expect much support from a company with a business model like ooma so I'll just live with it.