Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#60725 by dixielady
Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:39 pm
My ooma phone number rings and says 'bluetooth transfer (from my cell)' but I cannot hear the person calling or have any idea who is calling.

I am very disappointed in the bluetooth failure. It is paired etc. . tech support tested this but the actual transferring of calls is not working.

I also have no caller ID on call waiting (without the transfer) so I have no clue to whom to return calls

Another question.. I had to hard wire ooma with my computer for the pairing. AFter it was successful I removed the cable and now the bluetooth adapter will not light up at all. Does this mean I have to leave it connected all the time to my computer?
#60727 by highq
Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:46 pm
Just how is your ooma device "hard-wired to [your] computer"?
And when it isn't, what other connections does it then have?
#60731 by dixielady
Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:33 pm
The tech told me to run a cat 5 cable from ooma to my computer. I thought this was just to get the cell phone registered and then I could disconnect it.
Now I am not sure if I was supposed to disconnect.
I cannot get the ooma bluetooth to turn blue and pick up my cell phone again.
#60732 by highq
Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:48 pm
dixielady wrote:The tech told me to run a cat 5 cable from ooma to my computer. I thought this was just to get the cell phone registered and then I could disconnect it.

WHICH port of the Ooma device did you connect to WHICH port of your computer?

Quite apart from any bluetooth equipment, are you readily receiving & placing calls to & from a wired handset which you've connected to your Ooma device?
#60733 by murphy
Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:48 pm
dixielady wrote:The tech told me to run a cat 5 cable from ooma to my computer. I thought this was just to get the cell phone registered and then I could disconnect it.

The computer is to allow you to go to the Bluetooth web page inside of the Ooma Telo.
Once the pairing is completed it plays no part in the process.

If I slide the BT adapter into the Telo socket quickly, it doesn't work.
If I slide it in very slowly it does work.
It also works if I plug a BT extender cable into the Telo and then plug the BT adapter into the extender cable.