Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#60605 by Leeway
Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:29 pm
Welcome to my club!! Yes, I have a suggestion thanks to someone else helping me figure it out. Call Ooma customer service, they will test it while you are talking to them and they will tell you what they will do. In my case, they said they'd be sending an email. <g> I have no clue what that means.

Donna in wet Wisconsin
#60614 by hackerguy
Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:21 pm
My house was hit by lightening week before last and it knocked out my Ooma hub along with my garage door opener and my router. Four of the buttons on the hub were steady red and the tab was red and I had no dial tone. Are any of the buttons on your hub lit and if so what color?
#60641 by RSC_1
Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:14 am
Same situation here.Internet works but both Hub and Scout have steady Red lights on the OomaTab,"Previous,Stop,Play & Next" buttons.
Unplugged both units for several minutes,Powered them both up ..same display and No service.

What is wrong?
#60648 by RSC_1
Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:39 am
I again just tried disconnecting power to the Hub,Scout & Internet Router/Modem.
Inspected and reconnected all cables.Powered up Modem,then Hub and Scout.

The Hub now has a red flashing Tab--and Buttons "1","2"and "Trash" light up steady,a few seconds pass and the "Voicemail/Envelope" Button also lights up along with it.

The Scout just displays a flashing red Tab.

Everything is connected to surge protectors,and all my other gear is fine.( 2 phones,modem, 2 computers...)
...?

I am not finding relevant troubleshooting help.
#60744 by RSC_1
Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:46 pm
75 page views and not one suggestion...?
Zero incentive for any "Premium Service" if you have trouble at the basic level...
Sorry,but this is getting frustrating.
#60754 by macblack
Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:06 pm
Call 1-800-711-6662 during morning hours (they're on the east coast) and someone will walk you through it. Keep trying until you get a human to help you.
#60755 by Leeway
Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:05 pm
The number is correct but last time I looked Palo Alto, California was very much on the West Coast.

Corporate Address
Ooma Inc.
1840 Embarcadero Rd.
Palo Alto, CA 94303

Customer Support
1-888-711-6662
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Donna
#60830 by hackerguy
Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:38 pm
See my previous post in this thread. The lightening destroyed my Ooma hub, my router and my garage door opener motor but did not hurt my two computers and an array of other electronic gear in the house. From what you are describing it sounds like the storm ruined your hub and you will have to replace it. Usually such things are covered by home owner's or renter's insurance. When I replaced my hub with another one, everything worked fine.
#61604 by sejoma6229
Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:00 pm
I just installed my ooma hub and scout 2 days ago. My scout is not working now. All red lights across the bottom. Since we had a storm and I unplugged the hub and forgot the scout, how will I tell if it has been hit by lightning.