Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#60299 by dixielady
Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:49 am
I am getting the bluetooth device but don't quite understand how it works. I am wanting to have all calls to my cell go to ooma phones. Will both ooma phones and my cell phone ring with this feature? Currently I have it set up for multi ring. All family, friends etc etc only have my cell number so it would be easier to let them continue to use that number but have it ring both places. Does the bluetooth feature do this?

(Bluetooth (Telo customers only)
Link your mobile phone to your Ooma Telo using the Ooma Bluetooth adapter. Just plug the adapter into the USB port on your Ooma Telo, link your mobile phone or headset, and you're ready to go!)

2. There was only one phone number available in my state so I got a phone number from a neighboring state. Will I be allowed to change to a local number if one becomes available?
#60302 by bw1
Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:00 am
dixielady wrote:I am getting the bluetooth device but don't quite understand how it works. I am wanting to have all calls to my cell go to ooma phones. Will both ooma phones and my cell phone ring with this feature? Currently I have it set up for multi ring. All family, friends etc etc only have my cell number so it would be easier to let them continue to use that number but have it ring both places. Does the bluetooth feature do this?

(Bluetooth (Telo customers only)
Link your mobile phone to your Ooma Telo using the Ooma Bluetooth adapter. Just plug the adapter into the USB port on your Ooma Telo, link your mobile phone or headset, and you're ready to go!)

With your cell phone number set up in multi-ring, any calls to your Ooma number(s) will ring your cell phone.

With the Telo Bluetooth adapter and your cell phone paired to it and within range (about 30 feet max), any calls to your cell phone number will ring all phones/Telo handsets connected to the Telo and you can answer the call and talk using those phones. Note that this uses your cell phone connection not the Ooma to your Internet connection, which means that it will use your cell phone plan minutes.

Also, make sure your cell phone is one of the compatible devices - https://www.ooma.com/products/ooma-bluet ... atibility/

dixielady wrote:2. There was only one phone number available in my state so I got a phone number from a neighboring state. Will I be allowed to change to a local number if one becomes available?

Contact CS and ask them to get you a local number. You can change your number, but there is a fee of $19.99 - https://www.ooma.com/legal/rates

If you call now and since you weren't able to get a local number, maybe they won't charge the fee.
#60351 by dixielady
Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:17 pm
Thank you for the information.

My cell is unlimited so that won't be a problem. I am assuming that when I leave the house with the cell it will no longer forward since I am away from the base. Of course, I don't want it to forward when I am in the car.

I called CS but they have no phone numbers in my area code but will contact me if and when they do.
#60353 by ntoy
Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:51 pm
Hello,

If you have MultiRing enabled, it will still forward the call. If not picked up, the call would go to voice mail.

The bluetooth transfer would only go into effect if you have your phone paired & within approximately 30 feet from your telo base as bw1 had mentioned.