Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#60256 by macblack
Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:12 am
I have a home security wireless camera network installed on a internet accessible DVR. I can access video in network only (while plugged in to my router). I have forwarded the port (8000) on my router and my Ooma Hub. I'm using Dyndns as a host for the DVR. I can't access my DVR out of network. I'm clueless and I feel I've followed the setup instructions correctly. Anyone with experience in this area? Your help would be much appreciated.
#60257 by murphy
Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:27 am
Are you running the DynDNS client software on your computer? If not, install it and disable the DynDNS client in your router.
The DynDNS client that is built in to a router will not work through the Ooma box because I have yet to see a router client that was implemented properly. They are supposed to ask a DynDNS server what their WAN IP address is but they take a shortcut and use the IP address that was assigned to the router. With the Ooma box ahead of the router they get the private address that Ooma assigned to the router instead of the external IP address.
#60261 by macblack
Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:12 am
Yes I am running the client software. I went into my router setup and it looked like the DynDNS client was already disabled. To be sure I clicked the save settings tab.
I'll have to go down to the local pub and use their Wi-Fi to see if it's working.
Attachments
Picture 8.png
Picture 8.png (73.62 KiB) Viewed 1678 times
#60279 by murphy
Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:27 pm
If you were trying to access your DynDNS URL from inside of your network, that won't work because the hub doesn't support loopback. You have to test from outside of your network.
#60281 by macblack
Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:33 pm
Having trouble with the client software from the DVR manufacturer now. No video, only audio in network. Didn't work at all out of network.