Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#60123 by mattwj2005
Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:58 pm
Hi guys,

I am looking at the difference between the Ooma Hub and Ooma Telo for my mom. The biggest difference that seems to matter is the Ooma HD Voice. The Ooma Hub doesn't require any month fees so that would be better and supports the Scout. So the Hub may be the way to go if the Ooma HD Voice doesn't make a big difference?

What do you guys think?

Regards,

Matt
#60128 by bw1
Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:57 pm
I have the Telo, but I've used the Core in the past.

The Telo give you access to GVE, Bluetooth, easier access to the instant second line on the handsets, among other advantages. It will also be the unit that's supported with new features going forward.

For someone looking for basic phone service, the Core is a good deal while it's still available with no fees.
#60133 by mattwj2005
Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:06 pm
Do you think they will ever make something like a Scout for the Telo? There is nothing like using your own phone. Plus, I have seen bad reviews of the Telo handset. Look at Amazon and you'll see what I mean.

-Matt
#60134 by bw1
Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:17 pm
There was a rumor about a "scout" for the Telo, but nothing definite.

The Telo handset is functional and has improved with firmware updates since its release.

It works well for access to the instant 2nd line, call screening and voicemail. Its range and battery life is not as good as other cordless phones.

If you have Premier and want access to the instant 2nd line, call screening and voicemail in multiple locations, I would recommend getting a DECT cordless phone system (like a Panasonic) plus one or more Telo handsets.
#60140 by mattwj2005
Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:39 pm
Right now I have a Panasonic KX-TG6511B. It works very well. So you recommend the Telo handset? It would be nice to make two calls out at once. :) Maybe those reviews are old too. You know before the firmware updates.
#60143 by Groundhound
Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:06 pm
mattwj2005 wrote:Right now I have a Panasonic KX-TG6511B. It works very well. So you recommend the Telo handset? It would be nice to make two calls out at once. :) Maybe those reviews are old too. You know before the firmware updates.

There have been a number of firmware improvements, but some hardware issues are not correctable via firmware (sharp edges, screen different from box & ad photos). If there is a specific issue you've read about in the reviews and are concerned about, I'm sure you can get an accurate assessment of the issue from this forum.